Life Is Just So Daily

Friday, September 26, 2008

LP & the Terrible, Horrible, No-Good, Very Bad Day...continued.

So...Thursday my luck was not much better.

On my way into work, my badge clip broke. Luckily, I didn't lose my badge. I just recently had to pay $30 to replace this badge.

So, I had to go to HR to get a new badge clip b/c I don't have any in my desk drawer...then, I get to HR & set my coffee down, but end up spilling it all over the front counter. Lovely.

After that...I'm down in my office...trying to print something. My printer is on top of a 4 drawer filing cabinet, and I'm barely 5 feet tall. When it stops printing, I have to kick off my shoes & stand on my chair to see what exactly is going on.
So......I do this. Except...I've got a youtube video of "Mercy" by Duffy playing on the computer. When I get the paper jam undone & I'm waiting for everything to start printing again, I'm standing on the chair looking at the printer, but I'm totally dancing. Who walks by? Um........the President. The President of this hospital walks by as I am standing barefoot in my chair & dancing. I just turned away from him as he cruised on by. No telling what he thinks/thought....

Then, my boss forgot to place my lunch order b/c we ordered out. The person who picked up the food said that my boss must have gotten my salad order wrong & she handed me this grilled chicken salad to eat. So, I grab my fries (the ones that I thought I ordered) and my jacked-up-order salad & I go to town. Before lunch is over---it comes to light that I've eaten one person's lunch & another person's fries...and it's just all kinds of f*cked up.

And...on top of that the only thing to drink was sweet tea & I haaaaaaate sweet tea.
(rememer...Alexander & the terrible horrible cereal situation...that was me yesterday with the tea...it was sad.)

Today...started my morning off bright & early taking my car into the insurance service center, and they were...well, let's just say that it was not as easy this go 'round as it has been in the past.

And my rental car...Oh, my rental car.
If one single person posts about me being an ungrateful bitch after reading what I'm about to post, well... well, I am sure I won't do anything. I really don't care at this point.
My rental car: a big a$$ Chevy Impala.
Are you f*cking kidding me?
This car is so big that it really should be measured by square footage. And, have I mentioned that I'm 5 feet tall? I am a nervous nelly driving this thing & I have to keep two hands on the wheel to keep the f*cker in my lane. It's huge. H-U-G-E. I hate it. I hate the Chevy Impala. The interior is as big as the White House & Gage will be sitting in the West Wing. Not to mention the fact that it does not have GPS. Don't they realize that I am one of those people who becomes dependent upon technology? I rely on a calculator. I rely on my GPS. I rely on that little screen on my normal car that tells me exactly how many miles I have to empty. I rely on the next screen on my normal car that tells me where my nearest gas station is located. I rely on my back up sensor & this Chevy Impala has a back up blind spot as wide as a mobile home. It's crazy. It's ridiculous that THIS should be my assigned rental. Surely there is a grandma some place having her big ol' car serviced & would thoroughly enjoy something like this. Me? Not so much.

I.HATE.THE.CHEVY.IMPALA.

Surely my luck will change soon. I ought to just have orange cones set up all around me lately.

Labels: ,

17 Comments:

At 2:10 PM , Blogger lisa said...

I'm sorry. My mind just stopped at you not liking sweet tea. How is that physically possible? Do you like un-sweet tea? Half and half? I know, you are wondering why do I care. It’s just because you live in Texas and I think you mentioned once about going to school in Louisiana or something, but anyway I just didn’t think it was possible. Anyway, while I working on processing this I hope your day gets better!

 
At 3:36 PM , Blogger Aubs said...

Okay...so i know it was not your intention to use your bad day to brighten mine BUT i am cracking up about your rant on the chevy impala! CRACKIN UP! Hope things turn around for you soon and that your weekend is wonderful.

 
At 3:42 PM , Blogger kimmy said...

Hope you have a great weekend! You most definitely deserve it!

Kimmy

 
At 4:45 PM , Blogger Kate said...

Oh honey, so sorry! What a rotten day.

I am feeling you on the Impala and I'm a Jolly Green 5'9" Giant. I got one as a rental when I flooded my old Saturn. I tried to back out of my sister's driveway and ran into the fence and broke part of their METAL gate. It was dark, it was raining. I'll bet my former brother-in-law grimaces every time he see the part of the gate I broke. In fairness, I scraped the whole side of the evil car, so I feel like I hurt the car more than it hurt me. You bet my insurance company loved me then.

 
At 5:12 PM , Blogger Chris H said...

At least in the BIG OLE CHEVY you can feel a bit safer on the road? It will defend itself against idiots who try to back into it! LOL... have a neat weekend chick.

 
At 5:50 AM , Blogger kim-d said...

Awww, LP, I'm sorry but...**chuckle*snort*chuckle** on the whole Chevy Impala thing! I mean, can you even see above the dashboard and steering wheel? You'll need one of those Extreme Home Makeover-type bullhorns just to talk to Gage :)! And although, being born and raised in MN, I don't exactly know what sweet tea is, I do know this. I like my tea with lemon only, so I'm thinking I wouldn't care for sweet tea either :).

Have a good weekend, LP--things have GOT to get better, right? Hey, I know!!! More pictures of Gage! That always cheers me right up :).

 
At 1:39 PM , Blogger mpotter said...

sucks.
sorry.
if i had a big bubble to send your way, you could happily live in it for the time being.

and who knows- maybe the prez is excited to have someone so energetic and vibrant on board. i bet he left you and did a little jig himself.

 
At 7:22 PM , Blogger Christy said...

Oh no! I hope things start looking up! Poor Lainey.

 
At 7:32 PM , Blogger Hester 5 said...

About the previous poster's comment....I can't see the King doing a jig...or at least I DON'T WANNA SEE IT....agreed?

 
At 9:56 PM , Blogger Mojavi said...

we are no longer friends *wink* you don't like sweet tea so I can no longer be your bloggy friend LOL>... no just kiddin'..
maybe you should go buy some sage and like burn it all around you... or just go in the kitchen and rub some from the seasoning shaker under your pits :) lol.

 
At 2:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope today is better! Had to laugh about the dancing :) I agree with mpotter's last paragraph.

 
At 4:52 PM , Blogger Laura said...

Poor you...hope you had a wonderful weekend!

 
At 7:53 PM , Blogger Judy said...

I am so with you on the tea thing - why serve sweetened tea??? Serve unsweet for those of us NORMAL people and put the sweetener on the side for the strange ones!

As for the Impala, I am so laughing at you. Of course, my car is a 1997 Buick LeSabre...

 
At 6:15 AM , Blogger Just Jiff said...

heheheh. sorry. Funny rant about the car thing.

How can you be a southerner and NOT like sweet tea? I see you've already gotten a couple comments asking you the same thing, so I imagine you'll answer in another post. lol.

Seriously. Sweet tea ... really GOOD sweet tea.... is my liquid crack.

 
At 8:13 AM , Blogger Heidi said...

I do hope your day gets better. It's not fair that you can watch videos on the hospital computer. My work has put blocks on the computers so we can't have any fun at all!
That is dumb that they gave you such a big vehicle.

 
At 8:31 AM , Blogger Sarah said...

I can't drink sweet tea either. Blech...

 
At 10:39 AM , Blogger Pregnantly Plump said...

Yuck! Our Fiday wasn't great, but it was happening to all three of us, so I guess it helps to have someone sharing the crazyness.
I understand about the sweet tea. If I'm drinking iced tea, it has to be unsweetened. My parents never sweetened their tea and that's just what I grew up with.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home