Life Is Just So Daily

Monday, September 22, 2008

What a BUSY Weekend!

Okay, so, I posted about Justin's birthday party on Saturday...
But really, our weekend started before that!

We were up eeeaaaarrrlllyyyy. GrandDaddy Longhorn was coming over at 7 to help assemble the new swingset!

So...the manual in the box for the swingset & the online reviews said "8-12 hours of labor for assembly." Well, Hubby said, "that's because those were just 'regular' people. they have no building experience! i'm sure we can get it done in 6 hours, easy." Why? Because his Dad's a contractor & they build stuff, and yada, yada, yada.

How long did it take to assemble the swingset, you ask?
TWO DAYS.
8 hours & 20 minutes spent on day 1.
7+ hours spent on day 2. I say, "7+" because honestly---in the end, I was so worn out at the end of day 2, that I didn't remember to look at the clock to mark quittin' time.

Pics from Saturday...morning....





And then of course, Gage & I had Justin's party to attend at noon. When we got home...the guys were still working on the swingset, and Gage jumped in to help them.





So, Hubby & GrandDaddy Longhorn worked on the swingset until 4:20. After that, we headed indoors for the day. And of course, after Gage refused a nap all day---he fell asleep in his rocking chair around 5 o'clock. Not good.
...but, when he woke up we made plans to get out & about with GrandDaddy Al who just so happened to be in town!

We went to Northpark to visit the Thomas the Train table at the Puzzle Zoo store.


Dad was just as goofy as ever...






And we shopped for a wedding band for Dad's future wife. I saw a few that I liked, but then again...I wasn't in the frame of mind to be toooooo particular. Dad wasn't just SOLD on anything...I think he's got something in his mind & is just waiting to find it in a store somewhere...who knows. But, I did go ahead & get Jason & Samantha's wedding gift! One less thing to think about, and I must say that I think the gift is fabulous.

So...at 9, when the mall closed, Gage, GrandDaddy Al, and I headed over to....


It was Gage's first time ever to have Campisi's pizza!
It was so great!!!


I love Campisi's Veggie Pizza so much. They have just oodles of minced green olives on it. It's just an olive lover's dream!

So, we finally made it home after 10:30. Gage was so tired! He was in the car asking how soon we'd be home so he could go to sleep. It was so cute. He did very well staying up that late...I'm sure that the 5 o'clock naptime had something to do with that!

We had an eventful day on Sunday as well. I'll have to blog about that later b/c I just don't have the time right now, and there is something that I simply must blog about!


Three years ago today...I checked into the hospital to have our son.
Three years. I can't believe it's been that long.
We checked in at 9am, and he wasn't born until 3:59am on the 23rd.
I was already contracting every 5-7 minutes when I arrived at the hospital & had been for hours... So, if we start the clock at 9am, that's NINETEEN HOURS of labor!
Most of it was not rough, so I really can't complain...
And of course my little Buddy was so worth it all!





Happy Almost Birthday, Gage!

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

At 1:42 PM , Blogger Stephanie said...

That picture of Grandpa in the window is so adorable. You and Gage have such an amazing bond. I can see it in every picture of the two of you. And your belly...so cute!!!!! You look awesome after having a kid in those pictures. 3 years...what a miracle for you guys!

 
At 3:02 PM , Blogger Laura said...

What wonderful photos! Lovely.

mmmmm gotta go out with you for pizza...sounds delish!

 
At 3:13 PM , Blogger Aubs said...

Wow! That was a busy weekend!! Busy but sounds fun! That swingset looks amazing and i love the picture of Gage sitting in the grass...too cute!! The pizza sounds super good too!!

 
At 3:31 PM , Blogger Judy said...

Okay, don't want to tell you I told you so on the swingset, but...well...

I TOLD YOU SO! It totally takes a weekend - at least! LOL

Love the belly shot - and happy day before your birthday, Gage!

 
At 5:17 PM , Blogger Mojavi said...

where is the completed pic of the swing set? Also did you end up having a c-section?????

 
At 5:24 PM , Blogger Framed by Grace said...

What a great day! That's some great pics of you and Gage! I hope he had a great birthday!

 
At 6:31 PM , Blogger Lainey-Paney said...

mojavi: updated pic coming soon!
and yes, c-section.

 
At 6:41 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Oh yeah, the assembly is a bitch. But good job to them for sticking it out. And happy birthday to Gage.

 
At 7:07 PM , Blogger Pregnantly Plump said...

Happy almost birthday!! Sounds like a very fun, and busy weekend!

 
At 3:03 AM , Blogger kim-d said...

SEPTEMBER 23...


***HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GAGE!***

 
At 6:57 AM , Blogger Just Jiff said...

awww.. all those pics are awesome. And those swingsets are MONSTERS. hehe. I guess it takes 7 hours if you have a team of 20 working on it.

 
At 6:12 PM , Blogger angie said...

What great pictures! In addition to writing books I think you should be a photographer...maybe you should let me pick out some new jobs for you incase you ever get tired of your current one haha!
I love the pictures of when Gage was born...so cute!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home