Life Is Just So Daily

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Twenty Bucks That I Can't Get Back

Well, we had an appointment at the Pediatrician's office this morning.
That's 20 bucks I'll never see again.
Our appointment was....about 7 minutes in total. That includes sign in, confirming address & insurance, looking at the fish in the waiting room, getting weighed in, vital checking & the all clear from the Nurse Practitioner.
Apparently, his ears look great.
Nurse Practitioner: "It doesn't look like anything is wrong."
Me: "Really? Because at 10 o'clock last night, it seemed like EVERYTHING was wrong!"

Verdict: puking was probably NOT related to the ear pain. Puking was probably an isolated incident relating to playing hard after eating... The ears look great. He has no cough/cold/congestion/runny nose symptoms. She says that this could be some nasal drainage aggravating his ear, but he didn't really show any symptoms of that. It could be the very, very, very early signs of an ear infection coming on. Tylenol for the pain if he has any over the next few days. And, if he is complaining of pain throughout Fri/Sat/Sun, then take him back in on Monday for an ear re-check.

So, we paid & were on our way.
Is he crabby? Hell to the yeah. Does he still say that his ear hurts? Sometimes yes, and sometimes no. Is he crabby from not getting a good night of sleep? Probably. Let me say---we both are tired! He's down for a nap now, and I'm probably going to lay down for a while myself.

Labels:

16 Comments:

At 1:35 PM , Blogger Kaycee said...

Oh gracious me.. I hate when I do that. I'm always like that's TWENTY dollars. LOL! At least they "think" nothing is wrong with Gage. I hope he feels better.

 
At 1:41 PM , Blogger Marni's Organized Mess said...

I have so been there. That sucks.

It might be an infection tomorrow too. I know I have gone in and they are like, it's fine, but in a day or two it might be bad... grrr

 
At 2:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've done that before as well...I hope Gage feels better (poor baby)...and I so need to get off of here..must pack...now..only I have to make dinner...

Carmen

 
At 3:41 PM , Blogger Judy said...

It's a peace-of-mind $20, much like my MRI peace-of-mind payment of $1075. Fun stuff.

 
At 5:30 PM , Blogger S said...

I hope he feels better soon!

 
At 6:57 PM , Blogger Christy said...

I hope your little guy is feeling better soon. And I hope you get a little rest too.

 
At 7:47 PM , Blogger mpotter said...

i hope gage feels better before the weekend. or it would be a long one for you guys.
hope you got some rest.

 
At 9:24 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I love it. Nothing wrong but they'll happily take your $20. I wish it was pay according to severity of diagnosis.

 
At 10:34 PM , Blogger contemporary themes said...

Oh, no! I do hope he feels better soon. Poor little guy!

 
At 5:12 AM , Blogger Beth said...

Well, if the nurse practitioner is right, consider it twenty bucks spent to assure you it isn't an ear infection.
But - keep listening to what Gage tells you!
Hope the little guy feels better soon.

 
At 6:52 AM , Blogger Just Jiff said...

You and I are both out of $20. Well, me...quite a bit more. I've been taking her once every 2-3 weeks because she has a cold and then she'll get a fever and get really fussy. So I take her in to hear that she's fine. Probably just crying because she's tired and doesn't feel good. )#UROJEDSFRLKJDS No kidding. So Wednesday I had to pick Bay up from daycare for a "temp" of 100 degrees. Thursday I take her to the doctor (might as well, cause she can't go to daycare so I can't go to work) and one of her ears is red, but not enough to worry about medicine at this time. And guess what? It's Friday...so it will happen over the weekend. LJSFKLJDSLKJF again.

 
At 7:10 AM , Blogger Stephanie said...

Such a pain when they don't find something but you know your little one isn't feeling well. I hope the nap helped him (and you if you got one!).

 
At 12:10 PM , Blogger Heidi said...

I have done that many times too. I just hope Gage is feeling better and doesn't develope an ear infection.

 
At 6:50 PM , Blogger Barrie said...

I can so relate to this!

 
At 5:57 AM , Blogger Laura said...

Oh poor little Gage - and poor you. Hope things settle soon. HUGS!

 
At 3:21 PM , Blogger Ann(ie) said...

Copay's are annoying. Ben's had two ear infections this year....it's so hard on them and us mama's!!! Hope you guys get some sleep!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home