Life Is Just So Daily

Thursday, September 04, 2008

Movie Reviews....

Felon: Incredibly violent. Oh my goodness, the fighting. But----the story line is great. And one line from the movie talks about "the first time you see a guy get his face cut up, you puke. The second time, you're concerned..." & it goes on to talk about how after that, you get desensitized to seeing it. By the end of the movie, you are desensitized to the violence. I mean, sure, you are aware of this fight & that cut, and that punch....but by the end, you are rooting for one side or the other, and the actual fighting doesn't seem to bother you so much. It's...wild.

Cleaner: Liked it. Liked it quite a bit. Wouldn't say that I just LOVED it, but it was good.

Street Kings: I thought it was very entertaining. I thoroughly enjoyed it. And hey---if you see it---keep your eyes out for a dead shark. It's funny b/c in one part of the movie, there is a dead shark in the background, but for some reason, Hubby & I both noticed it & were just fixated on this dead shark....

Margot at the Wedding: I'm only about 30 minutes into this movie. Hubby hates it so far & keeps asking, "what is the plot for all of this?" So far...I dunno....I could totally do without 2 things: (1) Nicole Kidman's masturbation scene & (2) seeing Jack Black naked for what seemed like a damn eternity. So, I am sure that I will finish the movie, but so far, I can't say that I'm lovin' it.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 8:21 AM , Blogger Elaine said...

I didn't really like Margot at the Wedding either. Except Jack Black had a few funny lines.

 
At 2:24 PM , Blogger Angel said...

street kings WAS good, but the language! whew!!!

and I really liked the Cleaner too! I watched "Gone Baby Gone" the other day and it was good too.

 
At 7:25 AM , Blogger Jenny said...

I loved Street Kings! Never noticed a dead shark, though. Now, i want to watch it again to find it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home