Life Is Just So Daily

Friday, August 22, 2008

Friday!

Okay, so it's Friday!
...well, maybe for many of you...
I'm working Th/Fri/Sat. and then 8-8 on Sunday, and then again on Monday.
So for me...it's really like Tuesday.

What's new with us?
Surprisingly, I don't think I've taken a single picture since the weekend. Hmmmm.

Mother in law gave us an aquarium.
So, all we had to add were rocks, water, and fish.
Went to get the rocks & some anti-chlorine drops. Looked at the fish.
Gage was VERY quick to let us know that he does NOT want any fish. He would prefer a "Bunny". He says that if we get him a bunny, then the bunny will help him pick up his toys.
Master manipulator, right there, and he's not even 3!

Which reminds me of another story that I failed to post about Little-Mr-Get-My-Way!
Gage: "I have a dinosaur."
Mommy: "You do?" Looking around, thinking it may be invisible...
Gage: "Mmmmhmmm. He's at the store. We can just go and get him? We can just bring him home?"
Mommy's mental note: oh, let me guess, we still have to pay for him, right?

What else???
Gage has developed an imaginary friend.
His name is Buddy. He's incredibly small b/c Gage picks him up with his fingers. He sometimes hands Buddy to me, and I too can hold Buddy with just my fingers. He often stands in the palm of my hand, or sleeps on my should. According to Gage, he can't get in Gage's bed without someone helping him...he's just that small. Think: Lily Tomlin in The Incredible Shrinking Woman...


So, anyway...Buddy is a new member of our little family. Luckily, he's potty-trained, as far as I know. He goes to bed on time, and he doesn't eat much.

Yesterday, got off work on time. Outta here & home. Gage wanted to spend the night at Memaw's, so we were fine with that. So....we went to dinner at a local little Mexican restaurant, Casa Cavasos. It is certainly a hole-in-the-wall type joint, but we have always really enjoyed the dishes.

After that, headed back home & we were in bed by 7pm!
We watched two movies, and went to bed by 10. It was AWESOME!

Movie Reviews!
:)
The Other Boleyn Girl: Loved it. Didn't want it to end! I wanted to watch more & more. Starring Natalie Portman, Scarlett Johansson, and Eric Bana.
See No Evil: Based on a true story of the Moors Murders in England. Horrible movie. Never (1) got to a scene that involved a single murder & (2) never bothered to finish it. Just stupid.
The Secret: stars David Duchovny. It was Weird. It's about soul transferrence after an auto accident, where this woman's soul leaves her body & takes over her daughter's body. So, then she must go & live her daughter's life...but still love her husband (who is living as her dad)...it's just weird, okay?
The Life Before Her Eyes: starring Uma Thurman. LOVED IT. We both thought it was great. Hubby hated the way it kept switching back & forth between two time periods, but by the end of the movie, it all makes sense why it is even shot that way. I just thought it was a great movie.

TTFN: TaTa for now!

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

At 11:28 AM , Blogger lisa said...

Be careful which fish you get. Goldfish pooh A LOT!

 
At 12:09 PM , Blogger Christy said...

An imaginary friend! How fun!

 
At 12:58 PM , Blogger Beth said...

Interesting about the imaginary friend. I read somewhere that children who are not socially outgoing are the ones who create these sort of friends. So not true!
The most social of my kids had two imaginary friends when he was little - they lived inside the wall by his bed.
I think it's a sign of a great mind!

 
At 1:05 PM , Blogger Zephra said...

The Other Boleyn Girl was a disappointment to me. The book was so good but the movie...not a fav or mine.

 
At 2:10 PM , Blogger Just Jiff said...

HILARIOUS on the bunny and dinosaur. Very smart kiddo! :)

I want to see the Other Boleyn Girl so badly!!

 
At 3:44 PM , Blogger Lainey-Paney said...

zephra---really???? maybe I liked the movie b/c I didn't read the book. usually, if I read the book, I don't end up liking the movie so much. (ex: Jurassic Park. Lots-o-people loved it, but I read the book & then did NOT like the movie...)

 
At 5:19 PM , Blogger Stephanie said...

How cute he has an imaginary friend!! My sister had two. I always loved watching her when she was playing with them. He definitely is one smart cookie!!

 
At 6:07 PM , Blogger Pregnantly Plump said...

The dinosaur move is great! Wow. That's pretty impressive for him to not even be three.
We saw the Boleyn movie and it was just so disturbing the way everything used to be. It was good, but disturbing.

 
At 7:01 AM , Blogger Mighty Morphin' Mama said...

Aw, I always wanted my kids to have imaginary friends! fun!
Good luck with the fishies, expect to kill off a large number of them while setting up your tank.

Only one more day to work until your 'Friday', hope it has been okay and that you get to enjoy your days off.
take care,
Kristen

 
At 7:38 AM , Blogger Heidi said...

Oh Buddy! He sounds so cute.
I loved that silly movie and Lilly Tomlin.
I am sure Gage will love the fishies once he sees them.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home