Life Is Just So Daily

Monday, August 11, 2008

Lagniappe

So, last...Wednesday night...before the big garage sale, We had this impromptu Cook-out. The day certainly didn't start out that way, I can assure you.

The day started w/ me tending to some business, paperwork & phone calls...sipping coffee & doing dishes. By 9am, I was requested at my Mother In Law's to help her clean out her attic.
Now, if I have not mentioned this: when my Mother In Law calls, I go running. If I have to rearrange my whole week to help her out, I will. She watches my child 3 days a week for me, and babysits just about every time we've asked for a sitter here & there. She does it all for free. I will never have enough $$ to pay her back for all that she does for us. When Hubby was sick, my mom & his mom took turns being at our house to help out. She'd spend the night... she'll help me clean house if I need it. she'll send Hubby home with dinner for us when he goes out to her house to pick up Gage.... I mean, seriously...she rocks.

So, Wednesday, I went out to help her clean out her attic.
...came home...
...Leslie came over to help me price stuff for the garage sale. Lucky for me she did: she brought the pricing stickers!
...Hubby says, "I think I'll invite Mark over for a beer later."
...Then, since Nathan's just right across the street, he invites Nathan.
...Then, Tera calls, "If Nathan's coming over, so are we!" (Tera & Aubri)
...Then, Pam calls Mark, "Hey, where are you?"
Next thing I know: it's dinner time, I haven't gotten a damn thing done, and I've got a house full. Mind you, at this time, I was still filthy from my fun-filled day of attic cleaning & garage sale sorting.

So, I showered in the midst of the little get together, and then we whipped up a thrown together dinner.

Aubri had a blast. After I showered, Tera had to throw her into the tub. She was outside eating dirt!!!!





As the night slowed down, Gage was in heaven just snuggling with Pam.
I think Pam enjoyed it too!
:)





So, it was a good night. An impromptu night.
:)

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At 10:54 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Lainey- I've been having trouble viewing your pictures- they just appear as red boxes. Anyone else having that trouble or is it some issue with my computer?

 
At 12:49 PM , Blogger Aubs said...

I love impromptu get togethers!! They usually turn out sooo fun and it looks like yours was no exception!

ps..i didn't have trouble viewing the pics!

 
At 12:53 PM , Blogger Lainey-Paney said...

I dunno....zephra can't usually see my pics either.
I always upload them through snapfish...so maybe it has something to do with that...

 
At 4:08 PM , Blogger Ann(ie) said...

Sometime the impromptu gatherings are the funnest. AND you have the best MIL on the planet I think!!!!

 
At 5:32 PM , Blogger shoeaddict said...

Aww, lucky Pam!
Love your new pic.

 
At 9:32 AM , Blogger Laura said...

Nice.

Love the photos!

 
At 9:58 AM , Blogger Stephanie said...

Nights like that can definitely be the best. Your MIL is awesome!

 
At 6:23 PM , Blogger Pam said...

Impromptu dinners are the best! When is our next one?? Oh wait... I guess if we plan it - it won't be impromptu?!

They are so much better when I get some snugglin' from Gage.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home