Life Is Just So Daily

Thursday, July 31, 2008

A Little Bit of This...A Little Bit of That!

So, I'm done being sick...I think.
I think it was a stomach bug.
I was down & out Tuesday, and then Wednesday too.

So, clearly...I've got some catching up to do!

Saturday, we had a birthday party to attend for Hubby's step-sister. The Big 50!



Gage had a great time in the pool & out. He had a blast with their dog, Lucy.



Clearly, my child had a blast swimming....



After that, we went over to the In-law's & had a good visit. Jordan & Josh & Brad & Ramona were in town. Jordan's getting ready to move down to College Station!

Josh, well, he's growing soooooo fast. He's waaaaay taller than me (but then again...a lot of 10 year olds are taller than me)! I was joking with him about his long hair & how he looks like Shaggy from Scooby Doo. I made him hold up Gage's Shaggy figurine for a picture...





So, last Saturday was a long day, but it was a good day!
We all went home happy!




******************************************************
Product Review:
Nicole by OPI, Nic Sticks ---- nailpolish in a stick.
Personally, not my favorite.
You can't control the color as much as you think you can. I dunno...maybe the bristles on the brush are too long. I don't know. I guess I expected it to be more like a Sharpie than what it was really like. I just was not impressed. I would rather just buy a bottle of polish than another one of these. And compared to a bottle of polish---they aren't cheap for the little amount of polish you get. Also, I didn't find the color on my nails to be THAT close to the color on the label. The color I THOUGHT I was getting This color that I bought, "I'm Outta Here" (gotta love those names!), well, I would probably rename it "Mrs.Roper Coral" based on how it looks on my nails. I'm just sayin'....

***************************************************

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

At 7:21 PM , Blogger Hester 5 said...

Rachel has that same pool floatie! She loves how it sings to her. I love the black and white photo. The nail polish thing sounds a little too good to be true...from what you say...IT IS! Had fun today...thanks for your help!

 
At 4:15 AM , Blogger Valerie said...

I tried those nic sticks too I hated them. I love the picture of Gage sleeping in the pool.

 
At 6:42 AM , Blogger Just Jiff said...

such cute pics. And you without your glasses!! You look so (this is a COMPLIMENT) YOUNG. As in, not old enough to procreate. lol.

 
At 7:12 AM , Blogger kim-d said...

Awww...that picture of Gage with the puppy is tooooo cute! Actually, all of those pictures of Gage are incredibly cute. That kid has the most beautiful eyes! I also like the Daddy/Gage pix; there's something so neat about a big, strong guy with a baby or little kid...

Glad you're feeling better, Lainey--that stomach bug is nasty. Like that's news to you, huh? :)

 
At 7:13 AM , Blogger kim-d said...

Oh, forgot to tell you--I love it when you do movie and product reviews. Thanks for the info!

 
At 8:26 AM , Blogger angie said...

I love the picture of Gage in the pool...he had way too much fun! And yay for College Station...that's where my soon to be brother in law went to school :)

 
At 9:04 AM , Blogger Mighty Morphin' Mama said...

Glad you are feeling better.
Looks like Gage had a great time, he looks adorable in the pool!

 
At 9:18 AM , Blogger Lainey-Paney said...

jennifer: that's not me!
that's our neice, Jordan.
Yes, she does look young...b/c she's 17!

 
At 10:10 AM , Blogger Pregnantly Plump said...

I love the pic of him sleeping in the pool! So sweet.

 
At 10:44 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad you're feeling better!
Man, that kid is cute.

Have you ever seen Avon's press-on nail polish? It's ummm.....different.

 
At 4:01 PM , Blogger Heidi said...

Heh heh, he fell asleep in the pool? Priceless.
You cracked me up with "Mrs Roper's coral" Thanks for the laughs!

 
At 4:03 PM , Blogger Heather said...

Glad you are feeling better. And what fun at the pool!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home