Life Is Just So Daily

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Thanks........




Mom & David,
Thanks for our flowers.

It's hard to believe that one year ago today, we found out that our unexpected, pleasant surprise baby was not going to be. It's amazing how much you can fall in love with someone in such a short amount of time. How you can fill your heart and mind with hopes & dreams for a little one, and then it's just...not going to be.

Sometimes I feel like it just happened, and it feels fresh.
And sometimes I feel like it was so long ago.
Some days, I think, she'd be...however old, right now.
I imagine my life being different with two children instead of one.
How would it be different? What would we be doing right now?

But, it's been a year.
A year ago tonight I cried myself to sleep knowing that it would be my last night to spend with Masyn tucked away inside me. Not that the baby was alive, but it was my last night to be pregnant with Masyn. I just cried my little eyes out while my husband held me.

And now it's been a year.
It's hard to believe.

But, I have faith that there is a plan for us.
God has a plan for our family.

Labels: ,

13 Comments:

At 7:32 PM , Blogger Judy said...

Your final thought is so powerful...God definitely has a plan for you. Be patient and watch it unfold...

 
At 7:45 PM , Blogger Marni's Organized Mess said...

I feel your pain. Hugs.

 
At 7:56 PM , Blogger Hester 5 said...

I am so sorry...I had no idea it was today. I'm pretty insensitive....sorry. You are right...God does have a plan for your family a wonderful plan that will knock your socks off!!! =)

 
At 4:11 AM , Blogger kim-d said...

Oh Lainey. All I can say is, I am so, so sorry. And that Masyn knows how much she is loved. Take care!

 
At 4:47 AM , Blogger Dana said...

This post was a tear jerker...I am glad that you are able to talk/blog about it, sometimes it helps to get it all out...My thoughts are with you!

 
At 4:50 AM , Blogger Laura said...

Hugs and prayers.

What a lovely card...all my well wishes.

 
At 6:31 AM , Blogger Just Jiff said...

This post made me cry. I hurt for you and your family.

I heard an interesting quote the other day (not sure who said it)...
When God takes something from our grasp, it's so He can put something else in it.

Doesn't make you feel better at the moment, but may give you some hope.

 
At 7:35 AM , Blogger lisa said...

A big hug to you and your family.

 
At 7:50 AM , Blogger Stephanie said...

There is definitely a plan for you and your family! I'm so sorry. Thinking of you and your family!

 
At 11:02 AM , Blogger Pregnantly Plump said...

I am so sorry. That was a really nice card from your mom. Hope you have a nice relaxing weekend.

 
At 11:08 PM , Blogger Ann(ie) said...

xo. There is definitely a plan, sweetheart.

 
At 6:00 PM , Blogger angie said...

There definitely is a plan for your family. I'm sure it seems so fresh in your mind, and I can't believe a year has passed. Thinking of you :)

 
At 8:40 PM , Blogger Mighty Morphin' Mama said...

How beautiful for them to remember Masyn like that.
I have been thinking of you dear and you are right, God does have a plan. Even when we feel lost and hurt, he holds us in his hands.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home