Life Is Just So Daily

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

My Thrill on Blueberry Hill

So, this past weekend I took Gage to visit my Mom in East Texas. During our visit, she got the big idea to take us to this little neighboring town called Edom (population 326). We went to Blueberry Hill Farms to pick fresh blueberries.

IT WAS SOOOOO MUCH FUN.







The group included: me, mom, Gage, Allen, and Mario.
Here are all the blueberries we picked, totalling $11 & some change.


We were a hot & sweaty mess by the end, but luckily---they offer fresh cold treats when you're done picking blueberries!


And....we also found THIS little guy getting a drink...

YIKES!

So...if you're looking for some inexpensive family fun next year during blueberry season---I say, check this out! We had a blast. Mom read the information about their history & peak blueberry season. I think it peaks around 4th of July.

:)

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

At 1:56 PM , Blogger Judy said...

Wow, that's just a stone's throw away from my parents - and I had no idea there was a blueberry farm! I'm emailing my mom RIGHT NOW telling her to get to doing some research for next summer!

LOL

 
At 2:12 PM , Blogger Marni's Organized Mess said...

Great pics!

 
At 6:31 PM , Blogger Judy said...

Hey girl - here's the link to that water park you were talking about:

http://www.silverleafresorts.com/waterpark.html

Looks REALLY cool, but for those prices you should come here and go to Schlitterbahn with us! I could at least get you in for half price in September!

 
At 9:43 AM , Blogger Burgh Baby said...

That does sound like fun. I wonder if there's a place anywhere near me . . .

 
At 3:51 PM , Blogger Laura said...

That sounds so awesome...and yummy too! the berries, not the bug!

 
At 9:22 AM , Blogger Mighty Morphin' Mama said...

Mmm, yummy! Blueberry pancakes...pie...smoothies...yumm!

 
At 5:30 AM , Blogger kimmy said...

Great pictures (except for the bug :)

My kids love blueberries and those were gigantic!

Kimmy

 
At 5:09 PM , Blogger Love said...

gage is so freaking cute and those blueberries look delicious!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home