Life Is Just So Daily

Friday, July 18, 2008

This & That...

Kind of boring lately.

Well, there's been a lot going on....but nothing too eventful.

My car is in the shop getting a new bumper after I got rear-ended on the highway. Sadly, they knew right away that the trunk dent was not involved in the collision, and therefore, they are not just fixing that too. Oh, they were happy to give me a quote of $1300.00, but that doesn't include replacing the trunk door---just pulling out a dent & basically doing the minimum possible amount of work.
Mmmmm....no thanks.

In the meantime---they've given me a rental.
A NISSAN ALTIMA.
4-door.

My take on this car....
Pros:
---storage space rocks. Everywhere I turn there is another place to store stuff.
---cup holders: 3 up front? Lovin' it. I am.
---radio stations: I can store 3 sets of stations....for a total of 18 different stations. That's good stuff.
---roomy interior.
---huge trunk. I could definitely fit more than one body in that trunk! (how sick & twisted is that thought????)
---keyless system that's kind of cool, but completely foreign to me.
---gas mileage. It has surprisingly good gas mileage for the size of car it is...or, I think so anyway....

Cons:
---interior is fabric, and this fabric is hot & sucky. hate it.
---no rear back up safety feature.
---no navigation system, but I'm sure that's an option. I don't know. All I know---I'm used to driving WITH one, so not having one somehow makes me nervous. For example, if there is traffic ahead, and I just punch in buttons to "go home", I can turn every which way to get around the traffic, and my regular car just re-routes me back to my house. In this car---I'm on my own, and that's a scary thought.
---no radio buttons on the steering wheel. Again, something I'm used to.
---the seat adjustments: manual, and to raise the seat up (hello, I'm super-short), you have to not only locate the right lever, but then figure out that you have to pump it multiple times to raise the seat up. Yes, like you are using some type of pump to air up a bicycle tire. It's stupid. It needs to be changed.

........so, it's not perfect.....but, it's not crummy either.
And, I rather enjoy driving different cars when my car is in the shop. That's when I fell in love with the Hyundai Sonata. My jeep was in the shop & they gave it to me as a loaner. I loved it. I would not say that it is my dream car, but driving it as a rental was fun. And, it wasn't one of those cars that you see & think "man, I should check those out"....but when I had it as a rental, it was quite enjoyable.
:)

I'm working this weekend... Wow. It'll be a 5-day stretch for Th/Fri/Sat/Sun/Mon & I've been asked to work Tuesday. Hmmmm....we'll see....

I still haven't registered for school yet. I'm supposed to be returning in the Fall from my LOA, but I have to get cleared to register. At some point in the near future, I need to meet with an adviser, and just get the registering DONE.

Medical bills are ALMOST paid off from all of Hubby's surgeries. I am so proud of us for this!

Got selected for Jury Duty. Or---rather, I'm on standby for Jury Duty on 7/29. I've never done it before, so I must say---I'm kind of hoping I get called up for it. Don't get me wrong---it may be a headache to park & find the right building, and sit around & wait all day. Or.....it may be exciting & feel somewhat rewarding. We'll just have to see how it goes....

Movie reviews will be coming soon. Goodness knows I've watched plenty of movies lately!

Hope you all have a Happy Weekend!

3 Comments:

At 10:30 AM , Blogger Judy said...

The Altima was too hard for my 6'5" hubby to get in and out of. But I liked it when we rented one!

And, I LOVED jury duty - I was even the foreperson once for a trial on a guy that had escaped from prison and was re-arrested for drug trafficking and a stolen vehicle - AND ENTERED A NOT GUILTY PLEA. Yeah. Because those police cameras mounted to the dash board lie all the time, you know. LOL

 
At 11:35 AM , Blogger Chris H said...

The loaner car sounds nice... GPS.. yep I am thinking of getting that in my car when we move to Auckland.... it's a big place! I have been called up for Jury service about 4 times so far, but have never been able to do it cos of having young children to care for or breastfeed! One day.... I hope you enjoy doing it.

 
At 4:59 PM , Blogger Chris H said...

I am burying my uterus cos I just felt that it deserved more than being incinerated with all the other body bits at the hospital! It did an amazing job for us, it grew all 6 of our kids and it deserves a decent send off!!!! Nothing cultural or religious about it at all... just sentiment.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home