Life Is Just So Daily

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Stupid Target & Stupid Me.

So...I went to Target for lamp shades today.
Well, first I went to Ross but they didn't have any that I liked. I take that back---they had some that I liked but they just weren't what I was looking for. So we ran into Target. Lamp shades? Check. Then of course I venture into the land of little boy clothings to see what I can find on the sale rack. Is it anything we need? Ummm...duh! So I get a few shirts & I see a Pajama set. Gage was ready to go, and so I was moving quickly.

Get home with my purchases after we played with the Thomas train table @ Puzzle Zoo in Northpark & ate nuggets & fruit cups at Chik-fil-A. Start sorting his little clothes.... The blue pajama pants that are hanging as a matching set for the pajamas---well, #1, they are size 18M & the top is a 3T. #2: The top is blue with a sock monkey on it. so cute! The pants---well, they're blue....but they have robots all over them. How did I miss this at the store???? So, there's return #1.
Return/Exchange item number 2: this really cute tee that reads, "Conserve Water. Drink Chocolate Milk." It's perfect for Gage b/c the boy drinks chocolate milk EVERY DAY! Well...rather, it would be perfect....if the size on the hanger & the size of the shirt were the same. The hanger says that it is a 4T (which, is a little big, but I didn't see any 3Ts, and the shirt simply HAD to be ours...) but the actual shirt is a size 12M. It even loooooooks small! How did I not notice THIS at the store either???????????????????????

....am I really losing some of my shopping skills?
What is WRONG with me???????????

9 Comments:

At 2:59 PM , Blogger Judy said...

You aren't losing any skills - they're just dormant because of mommy-brain. I cannot effectively bargain-shop with kids anymore. Too much of a distraction, even when they're being good (or better than average at least).

 
At 8:25 PM , Blogger Kaycee said...

Oh gosh.. that is SO aggrivating!! I have found myself not even looking at the hangers anymore. They always seem to be wrong. Glad Target didn't give you heck ab returning the items.

 
At 9:24 PM , Blogger angie said...

I hear Target! It's quite possibly my favorite store! Hmm...I hate when hangers don't match...that is very annoying! Hello you are looking at the hangers, not going through the sizes! At least you were able to return them...did you end up finding his sizes??

 
At 10:44 PM , Blogger Lainey-Paney said...

Kaycee---I was NOT about to drive back over there...so, I haven't returned/exchanged them yet. But I will!!!

 
At 3:48 AM , Blogger kim-d said...

I agree with Judy about Mommy-brain and trying to shop with Gage; at his age, when he's ready to go, you pretty much go. So you just weren't at the top of your game. BUT! Just to make sure that you're not slipping, you need to hone those shopping skills; you need to shop MORE. That's the only solution...and keep taking your boy with you, because you get bonus points for shopping with your child :).

 
At 9:43 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gotta love Target (course this is said with a smile and a smirk (course I, too, like target)). I mean really one would expect the size on the hanger to match the size in shirt or perhaps this only happens in la la land. One thing is certain you are not to blame...I mean really, us moms have enough to think about...can we please have one mindless activity...and to think shopping was winning first place...LOL

Carmen

 
At 9:57 AM , Blogger Pregnantly Plump said...

It's hard to check sizes when you have a helper. I've finally learned to save receipts thanks to Little Elvis' help.

 
At 12:19 PM , Blogger Just Jiff said...

I LOOOVE Target...and I've so done the same thing with sizes. I always look at the tag attached to the clothes. Guess I should look at the inside of the clothing tag. Oh well. That sucks...sorry about your returns. :(

 
At 12:08 PM , Blogger Heidi said...

I hate when I do something like that. Especially because all of the stores are at least 1/2 hour away, so a return is at least a week or more likey, forgotten trip back.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home