Life Is Just So Daily

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Our House....

Something around here is ALWAYS under construction...

....and a while ago we switched rooms with Gage.... I suppose it was a year ago....Well, since that time, our room was so low on the totem pole that it just wasn't touched.

Until---Hubby went out of town for a week, and I got busy in there!

...as you walk through the bedroom door:




I still need to add real curtains, not just those sheers....but---this was an almost FREE spruce up. The only new purchase for the room: two new lamp shades. That's it!



....behind that big curtained area: future home of my master bathroom & closet. It's been in the making for...well, let's just say "some time now." Renovations of these old homes always takes longer & more money than you anticipate as you dream up the renovation ideas. The good news: demolition on that room is already underway, and for now, the area just looks like a disaster area. But, at least we are that much closer to being done, right?

Anyway...the new room has been almost spotless for a week now, and it's so relaxing in there. I'm lovin' it! And, like I said---it was almost FREE! (the Hubby likes THAT!)

Labels: ,

20 Comments:

At 2:48 PM , Blogger Zephra said...

It is beautiful. I would be scared to have white in my house. My kids would smear all kinds of bad things on it.

 
At 2:59 PM , Blogger Aubs said...

gorgeous!! It certainly does look relaxing...great job! Wanna come do mine?!? =0)

 
At 3:10 PM , Blogger Judy said...

Looks lovely - nice work!

 
At 3:17 PM , Blogger Aunt Becky said...

Gorgeous! You did a lovely job.

 
At 3:29 PM , Blogger misguidedmommy said...

all i see is red squares grrrr

 
At 4:00 PM , Blogger Running with Scissors said...

Wow, your bedroom is stunning! Romantic!

 
At 5:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So nice...and I know what you mean about older homes..our first home need quite a bit of fixin up...but old brick capes and farmhouses, with hardwood floors..still have a special place in my heart...and I wouldn't be surprised if we purchase another one...take care!

 
At 5:18 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

Love it! The colors are fantastic. You did a great job!

 
At 5:30 PM , Blogger Chris H said...

What a gorgeous room.. well done!

 
At 5:40 PM , Blogger Jenster said...

Oh, I'm jealous!! Our room is the last to be fixed up and right now we have our son's old dresser and nightstand - red with sports knobs and a wire basket system as a dresser for Todd. So sad!

Your room is beautiful and looks very relaxing.

 
At 6:15 PM , Blogger Christy said...

All I see are red squares too. Hmmm?

 
At 7:01 PM , Blogger Pregnantly Plump said...

It looks great! I really like it.

 
At 8:57 PM , Blogger Stephanie said...

It is gorgeous. You can come decorate mine anytime. You did a fabulous job. I wouldn't leave in there.

 
At 4:20 AM , Blogger Laura said...

WOW - that is wonderfully beautiful. My bedroom is a mess - and I dream of redecorating it and sprucing it up.

 
At 5:35 AM , Blogger Just Jiff said...

You're supposed to show the before pics too! :) But the room is gorgeous! Will you come do mine? Ours is last on the list, too.

 
At 6:20 AM , Blogger Kate said...

It looks beautiful! And I can totally relate to projects that take a really long time. Just the planning phase takes forever and then there's the actual project.

 
At 8:00 AM , Blogger Lindsay, Tony, and Madison said...

Looks gorgeous! I would love to have white linens, but with a Min Pin mix, a Golden, and a baby on the way...would NEVER look good!

 
At 8:30 AM , Blogger ~melinda~ said...

that's flippin gorgeous. you so need to come to my home and help me!!!

 
At 8:59 AM , Blogger mpotter said...

very classy!

sadly, our house looks almost the exact same as it did when we moved in 6 years ago--- cept for Little Bean's room, of course. that and the dining room are all we've painted. & curtains and stuff have never been touched.

wow. i suck.
wish i had your eye!!
great job.

 
At 6:19 PM , Blogger angie said...

I love your bedroom!!! It is so adorable!! I think I should hire you to come decorate my house now!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home