Life Is Just So Daily

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Weekend Recap...Part 2 !!!!

So........Sunday....
We woke up, and Colin & Melis came over!
Melis lives in St.Louis, and she & Colin got engaged. Just so happens that Colin's parents moved to Dallas, and live about 3 minutes away from my house.
:)

So, they were in town visiting Colin's parents, and came over on Sunday.
Couple of things to mention here:
1) they drove down, and on the way, Melissa noticed the city/town of Melissa & the Collin County sign all right there together. She thought it was so fun!
2) they went to a Texas high school football game, and it was Homecoming...complete with mums & all. None of them had every really experienced anything like it, so they thought it was fun. I think Melissa said it was a Mesquite school vs. Lakeview.

Anyway...they came to my house! I was so thrilled!

Me & Melis:


Melissa's engagement ring...


Melis got to open her birthday gift (you know, from her birthday back in April...)


Melis brought Gage a drum, which he loves! He even requested to sleep with the drum on Sunday night...




Colin got suckered into helping out with the swingset...


There was MUCH playing...


Melis...playing "Hide-n-Seek" with Gage...


We all had a great time, and I think Gage has a new best friend in Colin. At one point, Colin called Gage a "goofball", and since then, that has been Colin's new nick-name. In fact, hours after they left, Gage wanted "Goofball" to come back over. Silly goose.

So, after Colin & Melis left, we spent hours working on the swingset. To note---that part of our backyard is sloped, and it just isn't in the plan to level the whole backyard right now....so we worked around that with the swingset to ensure that it is stable & works with the slope of the ground.

When we were FINALLY finished....Gage had a blast. He was so thrilled.
:)






And look! We only had 3 leftover pieces of wood! (LOL!!!!)


And today is Gage's birthday!
He's three.
He's not excited about being three. He says, "I'na just be two!"
I'na = I want to

So far today we've only had one major meltdown, and it was really a sweet meltdown. Let me explain: Gage brought his "Diego Truck" in from outside. While outside at some point he ran over a bug. So today when he was playing with the truck, he found this squished bug on the wheel. He ran & got me & just demanded that we take the bug to the ER because the bug was squished. In reality, the little bug was dead. Gage then started to inquire about the whereabouts of the bug's parents, and how they will be sad if he does not go home. So, he was very very very very upset that I didn't take the bug to the ER and that I didn't find his parents. I told him that the bug's parents live on the garbage truck that comes once a week, and that if we lay the bug on a napkin in the trash can, then the bug will see his parents tomorrow. And----all that driving of Diego's truck made that little bug soooooooo tired. So, he just needs to sleep for a while...
He bought it.

That little story is humorous...but more than that, it just makes me think this about Gage: there is a very kind little soul in there. He may not always show that side of himself...but I know it's in there!

What are our big birthday plans for today?
...not really sure yet. I'm trying to make it a "yes" day.
Gage: Can I have chocolate milk?
Mommy: Yes.
Gage: Can we go outside to play?
Mommy: Yes.
Gage: Can we have a car wash in the sink?
Mommy: Yes.

:)
Wish me luck with my YES-Day!
I can't believe Gage is THREE YEARS OLD!
Happy Birthday, Buddy. Nobody loves you like I do.

Labels: ,

18 Comments:

At 8:25 AM , Blogger Framed by Grace said...

What a wonderful idea- "YES day"...I wonder if I could do that in my house?...Probly not...well, we'll see!
Kinda funny we both have three year olds!Have a great "Yes day"!
Happy Birthday Gage!!!

 
At 8:40 AM , Blogger Pam said...

Happy Birthday, Gage! Mark and I can't wait to celebrate with you!

I am so looking forward to seeing the swing set.

 
At 8:59 AM , Blogger Chastity said...

Happy 3rd birthday, Gage!

For some reason, your pictures (all except the first one) don't work for me...they're just red boxes. It's been that way for several posts.

 
At 9:10 AM , Blogger mpotter said...

happy birthday to gage.
and i gotta say---- you're quite on top of things!

a yes day.
and the idea that the bug parents live in the garbage truck. wow!!! i'm never quick on my feet like that.

cute!

 
At 9:35 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So cute and So sweet. It reminds me of our Squirt (He had a lovely toilet bowel funeral, yes indeed. That fish was loved and my sweet girl was quite sad when we had to say good bye. As for the Yes-day...I like it. Let me know how it turns out. Happy Birthday Gage!

Carmen

 
At 9:37 AM , Blogger Elaine said...

Awww! Happy Birthday, Gage!

And good thinking on the bug story!

 
At 9:41 AM , Blogger contemporary themes said...

Happy Birthday, Gage!

Sounds like a wonderful time!

 
At 9:52 AM , Blogger Heidi said...

Happy Birthday Gage! Yes I did LOL at the leftover wood.
Glad you had a nice time visiting with your friends from out of town.
Car wash in the sink sounds fun, I think I will do that with T, he'll love it.

 
At 10:08 AM , Blogger Pregnantly Plump said...

The bug story is so sweet. Glad he bought your story about the garbage can. Good luck on your yes day!

 
At 11:43 AM , Blogger Zephra said...

Your friend is awesome for bringing a drum...we all know drummers are totally cool. As for the story. OMG I was tearing up. How sweet he is. I hope he has a great birthday. 3 is a big deal.

 
At 1:24 PM , Blogger Just Jiff said...

What a wonderful yes day!!
And wow...incredible story! I would not have been creative or quick enough to come up with the bug's parents story. lol

Happy 3rd/2nd Gage!

 
At 5:12 PM , Blogger Love said...

aww...happiest birthday, gage!

gotta love those YES days. it usually makes me realize that although i consider myself an easy-going and fun parent....how much more i can be in tune with them.

love the bug waiting on his parents in the trash can. classic. =)

 
At 6:09 PM , Blogger angie said...

Happy Birthday Gage!! I love the pictures from the weekend and can't wait to see pictures of his party! You should seriously like write books or something...where do you come up with your ideas to explain things to Gage?? I love them!! The bug lives on the garbage truck of course! You are one creative mama!

 
At 8:27 PM , Blogger Ann(ie) said...

I love the yes day idea. I might have to steal it. Happy birthday to your precious adorable boy!! I'na just be 36. There's no need to be 37. :) I like the way he thinks!!!

 
At 8:38 PM , Blogger Chris H said...

Yes day, what a lovely idea, but I don't think I will try it with my kids! The swing set/playhouse looks awesome! Left over bits of wood.. hmmm are you worried they are important? Love Melissa's ring! Totally gorgeous!

 
At 10:23 PM , Blogger xxxx said...

Awwww, what a sweetie! Happy Birthday Gage!

 
At 11:40 AM , Blogger Sarah said...

I'd say that for as complicated as the swingset looks, three pieces of leftover wood is pretty darn good! Hope the birthday was fantastic!

 
At 1:23 PM , Blogger Heidi said...

To find out about SAD lights go to LightTherapyProducts.com
The lights simulate sunlight and supposedly help people with Seasonal Affective Disorder during low light seasons. I would have emailed this to you but I can't find your email anywhere, probably just the way you like it! Ha!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home