Life Is Just So Daily

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The Best Part of Me



Gage


I can't believe that you will be 5 tomorrow.

Five.

"A whole hand."

You are very excited about being "a whole hand old."


You are absolutely the best part of me.

You are not perfect, but you are perfectly ours.


I am not perfect.

You make me want to be better.

You make me want to be stronger,

More patient,

Kinder,

More forgiving...


You are truly the best part of me.

And yet, you are your very own person.

You like cowboy boots and cowboy stuff.

That's all you.


You are the shyest child I've ever known.

That's God's little joke, right there.

I am not shy.

I'm loud.

I'm out there.

I say what just pops into my mind---all too often.


Your daddy & I both love you beyond measure.

And yet, we see you so differently.

He sees you as strong and fearless.

He gets the rough-&-tumble ticklish little boy.

...the one that wants to karate chop and FIGHT!


I see the cautious but curious child.

...the one that resembles the baby

that I've watched grow and learn over the last 5 years.

I get the snuggly, thoughtful side of you.

...the one that wears his heart on his sleeve.


You are everything good that I could hope to offer the world.

I am so proud of you and the little guy that you are.

I love you "the whole world."

......no matter what.

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 5:49 AM , Blogger Running with Scissors said...

How beautiful. He is nothing short of adorable and you are pretty special too!

My little man is 5 in a few weeks as well... The birthday cakes on you last post were amazing...

 
At 5:57 AM , Blogger Zephra said...

Happy Birthday Gage. We can't wait to come to your party! Zakary is very excited.

 
At 6:46 AM , Blogger kim-d said...

Oh my gosh...Gage, as of tomorrow, will be a WHOLE HAND. Lainey, I just can't believe it...what happened to that little toddler boy with the beautiful eyes that made me just HAVE to stalk your blog? In the latest vacation pictures that you posted, I noticed how incredibly TALL Gage has gotten...but I still did not equate that with him turning a WHOLE HAND! :)

For tomorrow:

**HAPPIEST OF HAPPY BIRTHDAYS, GAGE!!!** I hope your fifth year is filled with wonder and joy!

 
At 7:46 AM , Blogger lisa said...

So stinking sweet and perfect! Happy Birthday Gage!

 
At 11:58 AM , Blogger Kellie Collis said...

Aaaww... Congratulations! You've done so well! Kellie xx

 
At 12:19 PM , Anonymous Heidi said...

Isn't it amazing what our kids make us feel capable of?

I love "a whole hand old." How cute!

 
At 12:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm going to cry this is such a beautiful post!

Happy Birthday to your little man! xoxo

 
At 3:47 PM , Blogger Stephanie and Jeff Stovall said...

Happy Birthday Gage!!!!

P.S. You should totally work for Hallmark and write cards!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home