Life Is Just So Daily

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Assisted Living...Decorated & Ready to Go!

So, before our trip, I was busting my hiney to get my Gammy's assisted living room ready to rock & roll.

Time limit: 1 week.

It was a lot of work, but I thoroughly enjoyed doing it!

Here are before pics:




And here are the after pics:



(That's wine chilling on top of the fridge...and the cord for the TV can't be routed through the wall per their rule...boo.)







And so, the whole time we were at work on the room, she didn't see it at all. We had "the big reveal" on the Wednesday before our Labor Day trip.
We greeted her at the door with a glass of wine, and kind of had a little open door party before dinner was served at 5:30. A few of her friends there at the facility stopped by for a glass of wine, and of course curious other residents came by & welcomed her in... It was so great!

My grandmother is really a very social person, and being around others her own age, with similar interests...Oh, I think she's going to enjoy it so much. I also think that since my Papa's passing April, she's kind of welcoming a change of scenery. A new chapter in her life where she is not constantly surrounded by the familiar, with visual reminders of who is absent. My grandmother herself was the one who initiated this change for herself, and she was excited about the prospect of having a space of her very own.

Seeing the room for the 1st time...



Labels:

1 Comments:

At 9:07 AM , Blogger Kate said...

Wow, that looks like a lot of work and it looks amazing! I'm so glad that your Gammy has such a homey place to live and that she'll have so many other people to hang out with.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home