Life Is Just So Daily

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Colorado Trip Day 4.

On day 4, we woke, checked out of the hotel, and headed toward Canon City.
Why you may ask....
To see The Royal Gorge.


We had fun in their ghost town....





We got to see animals...


We drove over a suspension bridge that was rickety-rackety sounding, but obviously is really great at supporting weight...


We were there for just a bit before we needed to head over to the train station to catch our lunch train through the Royal Gorge.

Waiting at the train station, the men headed down to this little area right there at the train station. This is the Arkansas River in the background...



All aboard!
We headed down to this area just before boarding....




We walked through a standard car, leading up to our car....


And this is where we sat & ate: In 'The Dome.'




The views DURING our lunch were amazing. {FYI: I had the salmon, and it was delicious. Much better than the chicken. Sorry 'bout that, Hubby.}

Next to the dome car was an open air outdoor car. We had a great time going out there in between meal courses & just taking in the scenery....





We saw such great things....INCLUDING Cosmo Kramer. {As Hubby would say, 'It all goes back to Seinfeld.' We LOVE whoever put this poster up on the side of a delapidated structure down IN the Royal Gorge.}



The open car was fun...until....THIS HEIFER coughed up a big ol' snot ball & decided to spit it out. I was standing about 3 feet away from her, but naturally the wind caught her phlegm, and the sh*t landed on me. WTF was she thinking!?
All I could say was, "Oh My God. Oh My God." as I went back into the train to wash it off.
So.Stinkin'.Gross.


After the train ride, we headed back to the Royal Gorge.
We rode the carousel....



We rode the sky-tram over the Royal Gorge.


We rode something called the Incline Railway that took us to the bottom of the gorge...It looked like this:



At the bottom of the gorge...


We had a great day seeing The Royal Gorge....


When we left there, we decided that since we were flying out of Denver the next day, we'd spend the night somewhere between Canon City & Denver.
So---Colorado Springs.
I booked the hotel by phone while we were on the way to Colorado Springs.
Colorado Springs was not my favorite city in Colorado.
We're all just sayin'....

But, the hotel had a playground.
That Gage didn't play on until Colorado Trip Day 5.
We'll pick up there in the next post!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 7:26 AM , Blogger Shoeaddict said...

I could not concentrate after that gross story. I wouldn't have taken that lightly. That's absolutely disgustin. Beyond disgusting.

 
At 7:27 AM , Blogger Shoeaddict said...

uh, disgustinG

 
At 7:57 AM , Blogger lisa said...

I do not know what I would have done. It is totally one my pet peeves when people hack in a public place, especially if it’s around food. Usually I try to act like a southern lady, but when that happens I turn loud like a three year old. I don’t know what I would have done. Threw her off the train probably.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home