Life Is Just So Daily

Thursday, November 19, 2009

God is either testing me...or he has a sick sense of humor.

This is how I spent my morning:


God is either testing me, or he has a sick & twisted sense of humor.

Roof woes.
Car accident.
Rental car #1: gets a flat tire.
Rental car #2: smells AWFUL.
Candle fire at home.
AND THEN----I didn't post about this one yet: the furnace went out. Yes, I spent a bit of time yesterday at the Heating & Air Conditioning Supply House, buying parts.
Sleeping for one night without heat---no big deal. WAKING UP ONE MORNING WITHOUT HEAT SUCKS BIG TIME. Got the furnace fixed yesterday.
Today---driving down the freeway...."what's that clickin' noise?"...oh, I think we're having a flat tire. I make my way to the right lane, and I guess those around me could see the tire while I could not. I'm on a bridge. I'm on a bridge that feels longer than the bridges over the bayou. I thought we were NEVER going to make it off the bridge, and I was NOT about to stop on the inadequately sized shoulder of the freeway that the bridge offers. No thank you. Not with Gage in the car with me. So, I rode on that flat sucker until we made it off the bridge & pulled safely into a parking lot just off the service road. Seriously---I didn't care if there were sparks flying & metal scraping the pavement---I wasn't stopping on the bridge.

So, clearly the forces of nature have aligned against me, & that's why I can't get to work on time.

My mother in law came & got Gage from me. None of us were strong enough to loosen the lug nuts---so it was Roadside Assistance for me. The guy was there in about 30 minutes, got me changed & on my way. Oh, did I mention that the he looked JUST like the guy from Silence of the Lambs? "Place the lotion in the basket....or else it gets the hose again!" I kept my cell phone in hand...just in case.

So, I got on my way, and headed to the nearest Discount Tire. They didn't open until 8am. Ever beeeeeen at a Discount Tire when it opens at 8? Tell me why the line to get in was 5 men deep? Seriously. Of course my first thought (which I verbalized on the phone with my mother), "What? Are they having a sale?" No, the guys in the line were not the employees. They were already moving about in the bay.

So....anyway, I was only 2 hours late for work today.
And I'm $320 poorer.
Not to mention the furnace $$ dropped yesterday.

Orange cones!
Calling all orange cones!
Erect yourselves around me, to serve as a visual warning for others: Lainey-Paney has crap luck!

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: don't anyone ask me to watch your shit, hold your shit, or babysit your shit. It will be burned, lost, damaged, or flat when or if you get it back.

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

At 11:59 AM , Blogger Just Jiff said...

Bless your heart. When it rains it pours. *HUGS*

 
At 12:24 PM , Blogger Sarah Lynn said...

Aw man... I am so sorry! You really have been having bad luck with the rentals lately. :(

 
At 12:31 PM , Blogger Pregnantly Plump said...

Oh yuck! And I would have been scared silly by the tire guy -- wasn;t that character named Jame Gum?
I feel your pain somewhat both of our check engine lights are on. Bob's will cost upwards of $800, don't know about mine yet. Merry Christmas!

 
At 8:20 PM , Blogger Kate said...

Sorry, Lainey! You just can't seem to catch a break. :(

 
At 9:07 PM , Blogger Chris H said...

You poor chick!
I will keep you in mind ... when I don't want me 'shit' minded! LOL

 
At 8:41 AM , Blogger Judy said...

2009 just isn't your year, is it? Here's hoping the next one is better...MUCH better!

 
At 9:24 AM , Blogger Marni's Organized Mess said...

:( Awww... I hope it gets better and ASAP!

 
At 3:30 PM , Blogger mpotter said...

oh yikes!
tomorrow's GOTTA be better

have a wonderful thanksgiving, too!
(and be careful with the turkey). (haha)

 
At 10:04 AM , Blogger Christy said...

Damn - you have the worst luck EVER. So sorry friend.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home