Life Is Just So Daily

Monday, November 16, 2009

G+M=TL4E?

Gage + M = True Love 4 Ever?

Well, Gage has his first girlfriend.

Her name is "M."
{okay, not really, but that's what we will call her here...}

Around our house, we've heard of M, and her role as his girlfriend...
...but, one day last week when I took Gage to school, the teacher said, "Gage and M are quite the item, and everyone in class knows it."
From what I gather, she wears the pants in the relationship.
Bless her little heart---she's a bit bossy. But, apparently, Gage falls right into line with her requests. According to Hubby, "Oh, look. Gage likes a girl just like his mother."
Who? Me? Bossy? Never. {"Now, put your socks in the dirty clothes hamper and take out the trash!"}

So, how has M affected the Casa de Lainey-Paney?
Well---mornings before school now require a hair style.
A hair style. Whether it's spiky or in a faux-hawk---he requires a morning gel.
Apparently M likes the spikes. I spoke with her mother on the morning of the book fair, and she said that M has mentioned his spiky hair & she likes it.


What does Gage say about M's hair? "It's yellow like the sunshine." Hello! Melt any 4 year old's little heart!!! He's a pre-k Shakespeare, I tell you.
Mommy: "What color are her eyes?"
Gage: "She has eyes."
Mommy: "Well, I know, but what color are they?"
Gage: "I don't know, but she has eyes. She has two eyes."
...good to know.

What other change has M brought to the Casa de Lainey-Paney?
The request {and by that, I mean demand} for new clothes.
Yes, that's right. He's 4 and he is already thinking about his wardrobe & its affect on the ladies.

Scene: Front Porch. Last Wednesday morning before school. He wanted to wear his cowboy boots. They are bright-freakin'-orange. So, I dressed him in his orange "buckaroo" shirt. It was fine for 20 minutes.

So, I decide to snap a few pics of Gage. My arms are loaded down with his school backpack, my purse, his lunch box, my cup of coffee...the front door is locked, and he SUDDENLY has this revelation that THIS orange shirt is NOT what M wants to see, and he must change immediately.

The answer was no.
We didn't change the shirt.
But he did throw a boot-kickin' fit that included him shouting, "I NEED NEW CLOTHES!"
Are you kidding me?

I have a feeling that the teen years are going to be long. Very.Very.Long.

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

At 8:37 PM , Blogger Stephanie said...

Little Romeo! That is the cutest thing ever. He melts my heart! :)

 
At 5:34 AM , Blogger lisa said...

I love the look! Too funny

 
At 5:43 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

He is so cute! I love his little "man" qualities shinging through! Oh boy you have a the class cutie pie on your hands :)

Swing by my blog when you can I have an award for you :)

 
At 9:56 AM , Blogger Amy said...

One of the cutest posts EVER! Loved it!

 
At 10:03 AM , Blogger Just Jiff said...

OMG! I laughed SO hard at this! I've always heard little boys like the bossy girls and little girls like to be bossy. Bayley is definitely going to be wearing the pants in her relationships. She's MEAN! :) Gage is too cute. Can I reserve him for Bayley? :)

 
At 11:57 AM , Blogger Chris H said...

Gage reminds me so much of Griffin! He was the same at that age... and isn't much different now, except he wouldn't be seen DEAD with a girl! Girls are ikky right now! LOL... THAT will change I'm sure.

 
At 1:50 PM , Blogger Carina said...

Girl, you are in trouble! Little man's got it figured out, though. Anything to keep the ladies happy!

 
At 2:48 PM , Blogger Aubs said...

So freakin' cute! I love it!!

 
At 3:45 PM , Blogger kim-d said...

Awww...I am practically crying..."her hair is like sunshine." I have always loved your kid, but now I love your kid even more. And I personally think that he has once again proven beyond the shadow of a doubt that he is a genius since be chose a girl with TWO eyes! :)

Oh boy. In 10 years (or less), things will be very interesting there are Casa de Lainey-Paney. Just wait until they start calling. Repeatedly. Oh wait. Maybe by that time, phones will be obsolete. For your sake, I hope so! :)

He just gets more and more precious all the time...and I personally love the 'hawk. He rocks it!

 
At 9:03 PM , Blogger Pregnantly Plump said...

That is so funny! Can you imagine what mornings are like at her house? Think she has to wear certain bows for him?
That's great about the sunshine, what a sweet little guy.

 
At 12:45 PM , Blogger mpotter said...

oh good gracious!

good luck.

 
At 8:41 PM , Anonymous misguided mommy said...

oh man brandon has had a girlfriend for a while. he actually had two but one of them couldn't come to his school anymore cuz her parents were assholes

but his current girlfriend hes had for a while. her birthday party was a couple weekends ago when he was sick but he demanded i still buy her a present and that he got to carry it into school

when he had his party her mom called to rsvp and i said, oh brandons girlfriend and she was like YES i hear about him all the time. it was soooo cute.

she even drawn him pictures at home when she is thinking of him

swoon

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home