Life Is Just So Daily

Monday, November 16, 2009

What movie is NOT so great for little ones...



Way to go, Hubby.
Yes, he knows---he picked it. Poor choice for a 4 year old.

Let's see....within the first 30 seconds, they zone in on the typed out word "dead." After that, you're staring at a dead man in a coffin.... Yes, we got past that.

We got to the 1st ghost.
When dead-ghost-Marley's jaw broke & his cheeks split open with half of his face flapping about---well, it was time for this crew to go.
It reminded me of this scene from "The Ring":


"Hey, Gage...this movie is almost over. You wanna go play at the mall?"

Hubby has picked 2 movies this month.
We left both of them early.
His movie picking priveleges have been revoked.

So, just a word to the wise---TRUST the PG rating. Gage has been ok with some PG movies in the past...but this one? Not so much.

Now, having said that---Hubby & I would still like to see it. The hard work put into this movie---oh my goodness. It's just so intricate & neat on the screen.

But---does anyone wonder (because I do)---would Charles Dickens be offended that his work has been made into a cartoon? I know that this is not the first cartoon version of this story, but it just made me wonder if he would like it or be offended...

Ok, that's all I've got for now!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 5:34 PM , Blogger Framed by Grace said...

Great, thanks...I'm glad your telling me now before I dish out $40 to take the kiddos to the movies!! Sorry it was bad for Gage...that stinks..For sure you are the one to pick next time!!

 
At 3:29 PM , Blogger Kate said...

Yeah, that sounds like I would be scared. As far as movies are concerned, I have the sensibilities of a 6 year old. No Twilight for me. The book gave me enough nightmares.

I don't think Dickens would mind the cartoon aspect of it--his writing was very popular and written in a form to get the most money possible (serially, so cliff-hangers at the ends of chapters and whatnot). I wonder how much of the story--the heart of the story--stays in the movie or if it's all ghost story and technical tricks.

 
At 8:42 PM , Anonymous misguided mommy said...

are you fucking kidding me that fucking picture just scared the holy shit out of me.

NOT OKAY

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home