Life Is Just So Daily

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

My Face Plant....or rather, Knee Plant.

Yesterday, I fell.

I fell hard.

Scene: mother in law's driveway. I was wearing some really cute pants, a black sweater, and black boots. {yes, the details are important.}

Gage & I were playing a quick few rounds of "kickie ball", and I was trying to keep Gage's ball from rolling in the street. So, I ran to the side end of the driveway trying to catch up to the ball. The heel of my boot caught on the part of the driveway where it starts to form the curb with the street. AND I FELL. But no, I couldn't just fall....I had to land on my right knee. Unfortunately for me---there were some stacked border stones that broke my fall. And by that, I mean that my knee slammed into the edge of one of them. Tore my brand new pants. My knee cap looks like I took a cheese grater to it. At first, I used the tree to pull up, but I was not sure that I could walk. It was bad. And worse---right across the street from the mother in law is one of the tee-off spots for a hole of golf. Some guy was there getting ready to tee off. I wasn't loud, and I don't think he saw me fall---but he was definitely all ears as Gage started throwing a fit because his ball was rolling down the street, and he's not allowed into the street. Oh what a fit, and there I am holding onto a Crepe Myrtle just trying not to scream & bawl!

So, Memaw got the ball, and helped me doctor my knee. My super-cute pants are torn & blood stained.
The knee:
Yes, I can walk on it. I think it was just the initial blow that was pretty intense.

Last night---oh, the swelling started. Slowly but surely.
Didn't sleep so well.

This morning---I feel like a truck ran into me. My arms are sore, my shoulders are sore, and my knee....oh, my poor knee. Luckily, most of the swelling is down. So, that's good. But it's sore to the touch, and sore to bend.

Falling at 31 years old is a whole lot different than falling when I was younger. Now I feel like a Big Mac Truck ran smack-dab into me.

Labels:

10 Comments:

At 9:03 AM , Blogger Heidi said...

OOH, not good. I hope your knee feels better soon. No more playing kickie ball with heels!

 
At 9:32 AM , Blogger lisa said...

You are the second person I’ve heard had a really nasty spill. I’m still under the allusion that I’m 18 so I will ignore the part about 31 being old (especially since I just had my BD!) I hope you feel better soon!

 
At 11:44 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH NO! but thank god you didn't break anything! Hope you feel better soon!

 
At 12:08 PM , Blogger mpotter said...

oh no. do feel better soon.

i have been SUCH a faller in my life. The Mr. likes to make fun & count my scars.

 
At 12:40 PM , Blogger Framed by Grace said...

Oh my goodnes!! I hope you are feeling better! If I could send some ice and "boo boo" bandaids(that's what we call them)...I would! I'm sure you can milk Gage and Hubby for some great hugs, kisses and waitressing! LOL!

 
At 4:52 PM , Blogger Zephra said...

Remember I told you things start to break after 30? Hurting when you fall is part of it. I bet you are out of warranty too.

 
At 6:11 PM , Blogger Monnik said...

Yikes! Hope you feel better soon! I'm the clumsiest person alive, so I fall often. I'm amazed at how many muscles are involved in bracing for and dealing with a fall...

 
At 11:26 PM , Blogger Chris H said...

Ouch! Hope the knee is feeling a bit better now?

 
At 9:09 AM , Blogger Pregnantly Plump said...

Ouch! I'm glad the swelling is going down some, and sorry about the pants.

 
At 8:45 PM , Blogger Judy said...

Uh, ouch! At least you aren't geriatric at 40 like me - I shudder to think what a fall like that would feel like in this old machine...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home