Life Is Just So Daily

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Backyard Camping; Take 2.

So, we tried backyard camping in the past. It involved a hurried trip to the ER & Gage getting staples in the back of his head.

So, needless to say, he didn't want to camp out again for a whiiiiiile.

But, alas, he was ready to try it again!
So, what does Hubby do? Oh, he jumps all over the opportunity! He took the chiminea apart, turning it into a fire pit. He loaded it up. There was marshmallow roasting & plenty of smoky goodness. The tent was erected, and the sleeping gear was gathered. There was tons of backyard fun.

But this time...there was no me. Why? Because I'd worked all day & then some. I was tired, and pulled the ol' "This is more of a guy thing. You guys have fun." Right after that, I was the queen of the remote & adjusting my sleep number!

Rest assured, I was out there during the camping-prep time. The camping-prep time lasted hours. The actual "camping out" lasted about 20 minutes. Gage wasn't into the "night noises."

Here are some pics from the evening....{yes, Gage was super-dirty. I cleaned him up & put jammies on him before the sleepy time, but I don't have any pics of clean Gage from that evening!}



Labels:

1 Comments:

At 6:46 PM , Blogger Brandie said...

We've never has success at camping in the backyard either. The kids somehow get spooked and always come in. I cant blame them though, theres a warm bed so close by waiting!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home