Life Is Just So Daily

Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Where's my 4-leaf clover?

You know that phrase, "If it weren't for bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all"?

Yeah...that's me these days...
How'd your day start?

Mine started with my kiddo whining as we're walking OUT the door because he wanted a JELLY sandwich in his lunch, and I didn't make that... {who knew? he never said anything to me about wanting a jelly sandwich for lunch! And, am I totally the horrible mom who would actually let my kid have just a jelly sandwich sans PB?}

So anyway...
As we're goin' down the freeway on our way to Gage's school, a light on the dashboard of the Kia Rondo comes on, and at the same time I hear & feel the flap-flap-flap-FLUMP-FLUMP-FLUMP of a flat tire.


GREAT.

So, where was MY 4-leaf clover?
He came in the form of some DART truck man named Lucio who saw us on the highway as we were taking the exit. He hopped off the highway & changed the tire. FOR FREE! His name is Lucio, and he was my 4-leaf clover today! Less than 20 minutes, and we were back on our way! It seriously took us longer to figure out how to get to the spare than it took him to change the tire. It was AWESOME!

What wasn't awesome: having to drive no more than 50mph on the highway with a donut on this rental car while I made my way to Gage's school, and then all the way back to the car rental place.

What wasn't awesome: spending FOREVER (seriously---over an hour!) at the car rental place while they switched out my Kia for an even smaller Kia.

What wasn't awesome: the fact that a light came on in the dashboard of the new Kia before I ever even got out of the parking lot, and they had to drive it over to some car shop to be fixed...and they had no other rentals at the time to give me instead.

What ISN'T awesome: whatever the hell that smell is. Seriously---this new rental car smells. I don't know WHAT the previous driver did in this car, but the car is STINKY. If it rains tomorrow, I'm going to be stuck in that car with the windows up! Yuck.

On another note: the roof. Um...yeah....about that. The insurance co. is going to pay & apparently "a check is in the mail." Sadly, the check is only to cover the damages to ONE ROOM of the house. Not the whole roof. Who does that? Who re-roofs just one corner of their house. {Oh, look at those shingles...gray...gray...gray...brown. Hmmm...that's odd.} Okay, perhaps I am being a bit dramatic (but really, would you have it any other way!?)... So anyway...what about the REST of the roof that also needs to be replaced? Well, they'll send another appaiser out, and that will be coordinated with the roofer, and that still has yet to happen. Did I mention that it's estimated at 17K to replace? Did I mention that? Did I mention that the check they've put "in the mail" is like a third of that? A third. Ugh.

Okay...I'm done ranting & raving. But seriously---if someone finds any luck any time soon---could you send a little my way? {don't anyone DARE mail me a rabbit's foot. icky. I'm just sayin'...}

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 8:50 PM , Blogger Hester 5 said...

Not all about luck over here but at least I will send happy thoughts your way....again, read my previous comments, but you could take me up on the "borrowing-my-kids-for-Gage-to-have-a-little-sister" ordeal!! =) Just sayin!

 
At 5:12 AM , Blogger Judy said...

Good golly, girl!

I wish I had some luck to give ya - I have the barking-horse kid today and am single-parenting it...fun times.

 
At 6:54 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you are going through all this! I hope things get better soon and you can get rid of that stinky rental!

 
At 8:13 AM , Anonymous Momish said...

I am so sorry for all this terrible stuff happening to you all at once. I hope it gets better soon. If I come by any good luck, I'll wish it your way. I hope the roof and insurance all works out because that really sucks and is completely unfair!

 
At 8:25 AM , Blogger Angel said...

dang girl! when it rains..it pours!!! and what is it about seeing a man change a flat tire? totally turns me on, for some strange reason.

awwww, Gage NEEDS to be a Big Brother...it'll happen.

 
At 10:46 AM , Blogger Papa Bradstein said...

Hang in there. This too will pass. Of course, that's what they say about kidney stones too.

 
At 11:59 AM , Blogger Pregnantly Plump said...

Yuck. I don't really have any luck to send your way, but I'll be thinking about you and hoping the insurance stuff works out. What a mess.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home