Life Is Just So Daily

Saturday, October 03, 2009

They're Breakin' Me Down.

My next car will be high-flippin'-lighter yellow.


For real, yo.

Someone hit my car AGAIN.

I swear, it's the color.
"I didn't see it!"
The official color name is "Quartz." Let's just say it's the color of pavement, which is apparently why nobody freakin' sees me, and they run into my poor little car.

Happened last night at a gas station. Guy backs up his pickup truck with some kind of wheelchair lift attachment thing on the back of it---right into the front side of my car.
Yippy.
Then the hiney hole, in his paint-falling-off-it beater truck has the nerve to say, "Well, I hope you have INSURANCE!"
"Sir, you just hit my Jaguar. I assure you, I have insurance. Do YOU have insurance!!!???"
{snotty, yes, I know. But screw him. He was ugly-talking...}
Photobucket
And, I was still pissed about the fact that I couldn't open my door b/c it won't open more than about 2 or 3 inches, and I had to climb out on the other side. Tool.

Here's my poor little beater car this morning...


I drove the car home because I thought it was fine. Hubby informed me upon my arrival last night, that NO, I should not have driven it because the tire is rubbing on something underneath. Lovely.

But...luckily, the insurance company has gotten me into a rental today so that I can go to work later. It's a Kia Rondo:

So, it's not a station wagon...but it's not a mini-van or SUV. What the hell is it? I dunno.
But...I have to admit---I'm not hating it. It's roomy inside. I can see out of all the windows and everything seems to be within my reach {yes, when you are barely 5 feet tall, these really are things that you pay attention to...}.

So, they'll be towing my little car away on Monday & get to work on fixing it.
Good times.

When I got home last night, I was just so.frazzled.
The roof.
The car.
Hubby's been sick.
I have a paper due Monday.
I had to work late on Friday night.
I have an extra shift to work this weekend.
Ugh.

On the up side...
My house was clean when I got home.
All the laundry was done.
The sheets were crisp & clean. The bed was made.
The house smelled lovely & so fresh.
Pizza was ordered for dinner.
I got to lay in bed & watch Grey's Anatomy, and then Private Practice, and then Melrose Place, all while sipping hot chocolate.
I was definitely well loved, right!?
Hubby was so sweet to just let me unwind & de-frazzle myself.
You know....after he laughed his ass off at our recent run of luck.

Ah...Life is Just Soooooo Daily.

4 Comments:

At 1:07 PM , Blogger Laura said...

OK - that really bites! Poor little car!

Do you like the rental? It looks cute and fun to drive!

 
At 4:58 PM , Blogger Kate said...

You just can't catch a break! That sucks. Your poor car. That jack-a-ninny probably didn't even look behind him. No one sees my car either. It's small, but it's BRIGHT GREEN. How can you miss it? So maybe you don't have to drive the yellow bus after all.

Having a clean house to come home to is always a good thing. Best wishes with the papers! My grades are due Weds. so I'll be grading stacks and stacks of papers. AP class is kicking my butt. Ah well--lots of other things are going well.

 
At 8:23 PM , Blogger Judy said...

GOOD GOLLY - are you freaking KIDDING?

My parents used to joke that, if you had a Jag, you needed two - one to drive while the other was in the shop! Although, I don't think this is quite what they meant!

So sorry for your run of luck! Ouch!

 
At 11:19 AM , Blogger Pregnantly Plump said...

That's awful! And how could he ask if you had insurance?
That's interesting about the color though, something to remember when we are looking for cars.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home