Life Is Just So Daily

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Gage...




Sweet Boy,

You are popcorn, marshmallows & chicken nuggets.

You are Neil Diamond, Johnny Cash, and Ice Ice Baby.

You are cars, army dudes, trains & and shaving cream.
You are everything that goes, and everything that moves.

You are moody and growl, and yet, a ray of sunshine.
You are always different, but always the same.
You are your daddy.
You are me.

You are "stumbled" toes, and things you "knowed."
You are "grape nipples," Fuzzy Wuzzy, and 'Randa Bear.

You were "trapes & traisins", but now you're growing up.
Tomorrow you will be 4 years old.
4 years old.

You are growing and changing every day.
Big boy bed with Transformer sheets?
What happened to the baby that I used to rock and nurse?
Where did that baby go?

I love you so much sweet boy.
I can't remember what I did with my time before you came.
I can't imagine a life without you and your amazing personality, that I am so very blessed to see every day.
And just like you, "I love you with my whole soul."

Labels:

12 Comments:

At 11:16 AM , Blogger Christy said...

4 already! That is amazing. Happy birthday little guy:)

 
At 12:02 PM , Blogger Pregnantly Plump said...

Happy Birthday!! What a wonderful sentiment. I hope you all have a great day!

 
At 12:10 PM , Blogger Beth said...

A sweet boy with a sweet mom who has a beautiful way with words...

 
At 12:13 PM , Blogger Laura said...

Ahhhhhhhhh.

What a lovely post.

HUGS to you both!

 
At 12:33 PM , Blogger Carina said...

A lovely post and a handsome little 4-year old!

 
At 1:33 PM , Blogger Suzanne said...

My Gage just turned 4, also. Here's a poem I found for his scrapbook.

Now is the time to get things done....
wade in the water,
sit in the sun,
squish my toes
in the mud by the door,
explore the world in a boy just four.

Now is the time to study books,
flowers,
snails,
how a cloud looks;

to ponder "up",
where God sleeps at nights,
why mosquitos take such big bites.

Later there'll be time
to sew and clean,
paint the hall that soft new green,
to make new drapes, refinish the floor-
Later on.... when he's not just four.
Irene Foster, "Time Is of the Essence"

 
At 2:07 PM , Blogger mpotter said...

wow. 4??
happy birthday to the BIG BOY!

hope the year is fantastic to you all.

 
At 2:28 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! Happy birthday sweet Gage! Just yesterday we were posting about them as babies.

 
At 7:42 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

He is so adorable! I can't believe he will be 4! Happy birthday sweetie!

 
At 3:54 AM , Blogger Running with Scissors said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Gage. Keep up the good work, Mummy!

 
At 8:25 AM , Blogger Heidi said...

Happy Birthday! My son T growls too.LOL!

 
At 12:13 PM , Blogger Hester 5 said...

He looks so much like you, yet so much like his daddy!! Happy birthday Gage!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home