Life Is Just So Daily

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Sunday Funday....NOT.



Well, a new roof is in our future.

Guess who's not looking forward to paying for that.
{Insert mental image of Lainey-Paney.}

So, this morning, we woke up...
"Did the dog pee on the floor?"
"I don't think so."
"Oh crap! The roof is leaking!"
"That whole chair is filled with water. It's in the light fixture."
"Let me get you a solid metal screwdriver to fix that. But hold on, let's sign this new life insurance policy first."
"Ha Ha. Funny. Where are my steel boots?"
"Oh my gosh. It's leaking over there too!"

Yes...that was this morning.
How many inches of rain did we get yesterday? 8-billion.
Rained here ALL.DAY.LONG.

Attic & roof inspection: leaking around the two chimneys. Rafters in the attic are wet. {Great...}

Took a break from all the worry to take Gage shopping for new shoes & a birthday gift for Memaw.

While we were gone: part of the roof collapsed.
Collapsed.
Luckily: it was a room that we don't really use.
The bad news: it cracked a wall & ripped a door frame off a wall in our bedroom. That part of the roof is also attached to one wall in Gage's room, so we thought it was best if he didn't sleep in there tonight. He's spending the night at Memaw's.

Part of the roof collapsed.
I should not be INSIDE & look up to see sky & trees. That's just wrong. Wrong.

But---it could be worse. It's in an area that we don't really use. Nobody was hurt. We have homeowner's insurance. There are others in our area who are evacuating their homes because of flooding. So yes, it could be much worse.

Pray for us on Monday. I'll be on the phone with the insurance company. {which brings me to another point---who doesn't have an on call person or team to report this stuff to over the weekend!? UGH!}

Labels:

12 Comments:

At 7:46 PM , Blogger Hester 5 said...

OH MY GOSH!!!! That's horrible! I was complaining about my dishwasher that malfunctioned today. I should be grateful! So sorry...

 
At 8:36 PM , Blogger Papa Bradstein said...

That sucks. We had water pouring down into our living room and 3B's room just before he was born and I had to poke holes in our drywall ceiling to let the gallons our that were trapped up there to avoid total collapse. And then it took months to get it fixed. Hopefully your repairs go faster. Stay dry, stay safe.

 
At 3:38 AM , Blogger Beth said...

Your roof story (horror) makes mine pale in comparison. I really feel for you. Thankfully, no one was hurt.
Best of luck with the repairs and clean-up.
What a pain...

 
At 5:33 AM , Blogger Zephra said...

Oh no. I guess I should not complain about my raining kitchen window. At least the wall is still there.

 
At 8:02 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! That's awful! That must have been some rain our Dallas office is also flooded and it will take 3-4 weeks to get back in. Crazy!

I'm glad no one was hurt in your home. Good luck with the insurance people!

 
At 10:06 AM , Blogger Just Jiff said...

OMG. That's awful!

 
At 11:32 AM , Blogger Marni's Organized Mess said...

:-( I am sending you good thoughts!!

 
At 12:04 PM , Blogger TwinsanityMom - Janet said...

So glad that everyone is safe! Saying tons of prayers for you to get through this as painlessly as possible.

 
At 12:53 PM , Blogger Shoeaddict said...

Oh no! I hope things go as well as they can for you.

 
At 12:58 PM , Blogger Judy said...

Girl, that is SOME RAIN! Sorry about the roof. What a nightmare.

 
At 2:53 PM , Blogger mpotter said...

oh no!
here's hoping for a speedy fix.

i also think it could be worse.... (can't it always?!?) when instead of having to look UP to see the tree--- i just had to look in my bedroom circa 1998.
a treetop came into the roof into only my room during a storm.

had i been in there, i woulda been hurt.
attic insulation & tree debris was everywhere. oh, and limbs and branches....

funny thing, though. i had a piece of paper (unframed) taped to my wall. with all the tree, rain and stuff.... that paper remained untouched. and hangs in my house even now (still unframed).

good luck w/ all the red tape!!!

 
At 10:09 PM , Blogger Sarah Lynn said...

I am so sorry. I missed this post. That is horrible. I pray your insurance covers everything, and thank god it was in a diff part of the house. :(

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home