Life Is Just So Daily

Sunday, September 06, 2009

Sweet Riley...

Oh, Riley.
I miss you.
I can't believe it's been 4 years.
4 years ago today.

You've been gone longer than you were alive.
I can barely wrap my brain around that.

I don't need a special day to think about you, or to miss you.
But....today is just the anniversary of your final day here, and I can't help but think of you today. I've forced myself today to not dwell on details, because they overwhelm me. The details hurt.

I just miss you.
We've all missed out on the person you would be now...
I saw "El Tigre" (okay, PART OF El Tigre) today for the 1st time. Your brother told me about a month ago that it's his faaaaaavorite cartoon. I'm sure you'd love it too, because you loved just about anything he loved because he loved it. Perfect little brother.

And so......I miss you.
I want to smell your little boy sweaty head just one more time....and hear you call me "Nana" again.

xoxoxoxo
~Nana

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 12:24 AM , Blogger Chris H said...

Deeply sad ... losing a treasured family member so young.. Your nephew was adorable.

 
At 5:21 AM , Blogger Beth said...

It's always good to remember - no matter how it makes us feel. It's how he (they) stay with us.
But I know it hurts.

 
At 10:13 AM , Blogger Marni's Organized Mess said...

I still think of him often myself. This stuff hurts. Also, I tell his story whenever I get a chance... hopefully I can help one other child.

Hugs!

 
At 10:38 AM , Blogger Christy said...

I can't believe it has been 4 years. Every year I read your post about sweet little Riley. I don't even know him, and I miss him.

 
At 8:29 AM , Blogger Kate said...

I'm so sorry.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home