Life Is Just So Daily

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Gage's 4th Birthday!!!

Okay, so 9/23 was Gage's birthday. He didn't have his birthday party yet, but Wednesday was his official anniversary of birth.

:)
He was born at 3:59 in the morning, but we refrained from waking him up to celebrate that early!

Pics from the morning...


Daddy had already left for work, so we called him before opening any gifts...



He had a great morning opening gifts & watching Beverly Hills Chihuahua before school.

Went to school. We took Mini-Oreos for the class to celebrate Gage's birthday. They sang to him...he was also the "Star Student" for this week, and got to take things for show & tell....that's truly a story for a different post...

After school, he wanted an orange sherbet shake from Braum's.
Done.

Went to Braum's and then headed home...
...where he got to open MORE gifts!

"Ahhhh....a SHIRT?"


"THAT'S NOT A PRESENT! You tricked me. That's not a present, it's a shirt!"


Mommy: "Well then, you're probably not going to like the next gift either..."



Gage's BIG FUN came along when Daddy got home...


Let me preface this by saying that the theme for the evening was "You'll Shoot Your Eye Out!"

Gage got these...


{Yes, Melissa, I know that you are just about to die. My 4 year old just got THREE GUNS for his birthday.}

Gage got a Red Ryder BB Gun, a Little Beaver BB Gun & and a Roy Rogers BB Gun.
He.had.a.blast.

"So, what did y'all do for Gage's birthday?"
"Sat around shooting shit."

Our first target was a water bottle. After that, we balanced pecans on TOP of the water bottle. My little sniper-to-be is able to hit the pecan balanced on the water bottle while shooting from about 10 feet away. You go boy!





A good time was had by all.
When the boys were done shooting, they came in & cleaned Gage's gun.
And then the guns were put up.
I assssssuuuuuuuurre you that there have been LOTS of rules put into place about these BB guns.

Gage went to bed after 2 stories, and a prayer. He had a hard time last night with missing Eddie. He fell asleep with his "Eddie Box," which he thinks is just a reaaaally heavy picture frame with a picture of our dog. Bless his little heart. It just makes him feel close to Eddie. In those moments when he NEEDS the box, he has no idea that he's holding all we have left of Eddie.


:(
Poor Buddy. Gage, I know you miss him. We do too. Death, dying, and Heaven are all very very big and abstract concepts for you, and I know that. I know that you are trying to make sense of all this. I love you, and my heart is sad for you about this. I wish I could shelter you from every sad and lonely feeling....but I can't. I wish I could absorb all of your pain like a sponge so that you will never ache or hurt...but I can't. I love you, and I am sorry...

So yes, his birthday did kind of end on a sad note....but it really was a great day up until bedtime. And yes, Eddie missed it...or perhaps he saw it from a different perspective.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At 1:29 AM , Blogger Chris H said...

What a lovely day he had. HAPPY BIRTHDAY WEE MAN!

 
At 7:34 AM , Blogger lisa said...

I'm super impressed that he can hit that small of a target at such a young age! Too cute! You may have a competive shooter on your hands.

 
At 7:35 AM , Blogger mpotter said...

glad his birthday was such a hit. hope the party will be, too.

he's adorable, by the way.

 
At 1:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww! Your little man is so cute! He looked like he had a great time. The end of the day story about Eddie just goes to show you what a sweet sensitive boy he is.

I can't get over seeing him with the BB gun. I don't have any toy gun issues just different from what we give kids up here. I always forget in other states people carry guns! :)

 
At 6:21 PM , Blogger Lainey-Paney said...

NYC Girl: down here...some people {like HUBBY} view their gun like their American Express--you just don't leave home without it.

 
At 7:11 PM , Blogger the rockwall hurtados said...

OH MY GOSH!!! Brandy! As you can tell, I am a tad bit behind on my blog. I didn't realize I had a comment on that post I did much less that it was from you. My sweet little neighbor is all grown up. Wow!! You are precious and your family is just so sweet. How did you find me? :) I am so glad that you did! What is your email address? Do you have a facebook? We need to catch up. LOL! I guess not through a comment on your blog though. hehe :) I am SO glad you found me!!!

 
At 8:48 PM , Blogger Angel said...

what a great birthday for Gage....but why did he get a "New Baby" book? Hmmmm?....and so sad about missing Eddie....breaks my heart.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home