Life Is Just So Daily

Sunday, October 04, 2009

Feeling Overwhelmed?

Photobucket
Lexapro can help.

Still feeling overwhelmed? Have another.
"Hi, um, is this the doctor's office?"
"Yeah, well, um...I was just wondering...how many Lexapro is too many? I mean...every time I got mad or sad or feelin' bad, thinkin' 'bout the things that I never had...yeah, I just popped another one. Just callin' to report that I'm FEELING GREAT! Who says that you can't live on the mountain top? I'm livin' on a pile o prozac, baby!" {okay not really, but these are the make believe conversations that mom & I have & just kind of ad-lib along the way...}

"I was about to cry about....but then I took another Lexapro. Now I couldn't cry if you punched me in the stomach..."

"What's better than Lexapro?"
"TWO Lexapro!"

Okay...this may be offensive to some. I certainly hope not. Hello. In my line of work, I am certainly a big fan of anti-depressants & I am very well aware that they help a lot of people. But hey---if you can't have fun with it, well....why the hell not?

6 Comments:

At 6:38 PM , Blogger Hester 5 said...

I think it's great, but....you interchanged your antidepressants...Lexapro vs Prozac!!! =)

 
At 5:21 AM , Blogger Dana said...

Lexapro maintained my sanity for YEARS. When I got off of it (cold turkey...NEVER do that!)I was asked several times by my husband to get back on it!! I've been off of it for 6 months now (after 5+ years of taking it) and think I am doing O.K....hubby might have a different take on that though : )

 
At 7:34 AM , Blogger Lainey-Paney said...

Yeah...I know...Pile of Prozac sounds better than Pile of Lexapro. I'm just sayin'...

 
At 9:00 PM , Blogger Kate said...

As you know, I am a big fan of the anti-depressant. I'm an even bigger fan of making fun of them. And me. Good times. =)

 
At 5:11 AM , Blogger Judy said...

Can you offer some in a giveaway, pretty please???? LOL

 
At 9:27 PM , Anonymous misguided mommy said...

ive actually found myself wondering just how many mg of xannax i can take before something bad happens. and if something bad happens what happens, do i like fall asleep, die, feel drunk WHAT.

a few weeks ago i came off of my lithium after reaching a full dose of lamictal. well last week my husband basically told me i was becoming an asshole again. so i called my dr who upped my lamictal, kept my wellbutrin the same and put me back on half a dose of valium with a side of xannax as needed....that is one hell of a cocktail huh

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home