Life Is Just So Daily

Thursday, October 15, 2009

October 15th: Pregnancy & Infant Loss Remembrance Day

Today is Pregnancy & Infant Loss Rememberance Day.



October is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Month, as proclaimed by Former President Ronald Reagan in 1988. Officially recognized in the United States in 2006, October 15th of every year is National Pregnancy & Infant Loss and Remembrance Day, a special day to honor and acknowledge babies lost to miscarriage, stillbirth, ectopic pregnancy, prematurity complications, neonatal death, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome-SIDS, illness, accidents, and other tragic causes. Pink and Light Blue are the awareness colors.

We lost our little Masyn July 25, 2007. Well, technically, we lost her sometime before that, but that was the day. That was...the day.

I don't need a special day to miss Masyn, but it's nice to have a special day for families to know that they are not alone. Miscarriage...fetal demise...stillbirth...all things that are not pleasant to think about, not easily talked about, and yet are very very real. Sad, tragic realities that families are forced to face/endure/experience...whatever word you want to put there.

So...I've been there. If I could turn back time & relive my days of being pregnant and excited about Masyn, I would. If I could change the outcome, I definitely would. We've missed out on so much that just wasn't to be...

And I know that there are others out there who have faced this, are facing this, or will face this in the future.

So....today's a day dedicated to this...and dedicated to the family's who have been there. We're not alone.

I miss my "what might have been" baby.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At 4:31 AM , Blogger kim-d said...

Thinking of you, Lainey...

 
At 7:37 AM , Blogger shoeaddict said...

I'll be thinking of you today. And my angel baby, too. Thanks for making people aware of this.

 
At 9:32 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Big hug! Thinking of you and sending love!

 
At 11:12 AM , Anonymous Momish said...

Sending you hugs too... thanks for letting me know about today.

 
At 2:16 PM , Blogger Hester 5 said...

I haven't had a chance to post about this yet. I do...every year. Thinking of you. I know so many.....love ya, girl.

 
At 3:57 PM , Blogger Chris H said...

{{{HUGS}}}

 
At 10:30 AM , Blogger CBM said...

I didn't even know there was such a day. Thanks for sharing. I wonder all the time what my two little ones would be like right now if they had made it. I guess we always will.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home