Life Is Just So Daily

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Busy, Busy, Busy.

First & foremost---let me say that I am supposed to be in Jamaica right now, but I am not.

So---Colin & Melissa: I called y'all this morning, thinking that y'all were leaving today. I'm a super sucky friend b/c y'all left on Tuesday. On the upside: I spoke with Allison, and your pets are doing well {as if you are reading this while in Jamaica...who am I kidding!?}.

Busy Bullets:

* No Jamaica. Life is sucking right now, eh?

* Still had the days off from work! So, what have I done? Busted my hiney at the ol' internship. I seriously logged some hours over these past couple of days.

* Dentist: took Gage on Tuesday. No cap. No bling-bling-silver cap. Wooohooo! That's the good news. The bad news: he had 3 cavities, 2 different kinds---aerobic & anaerobic. Why? "He has deep grooves" in his little teeth. The other bad news: the medicine they give him---supposed to make him sleepy & groggy, yada, yada. Um. How about no? Has the same effect on him as Benadryl...except---it was like Super-Benadryl. Benadryl on crack! He was literally bouncing off the walls. He was jumping up on the benches & jumping down. He could NOT be still. Luckily the orange scented laughing gas helped him calm down. For a while. And then---as they are doing his fillings, he'd randomly panic & freak out & just start pulling all this stuff off his face & out of his mouth. Then, I step up & try to calm him---step on some pedal & water starts squirting about. They were so patient with us. I couldn't do that all day every day. They truly take the cake for patience, and being upbeat, etc. They rock.

* Got pumpkins from a Rockwall Pumpkin Patch on Sunday night...

* Tuesday night brought the carving of pumpkins....after Gage & I had a long nap. Let me back up to Tuesday....the medicine that made him bounce off the walls---well, it made him an evil-demon-child when he was coming down off of it. Seriously. He was just....awful! And I felt awful for him because it seemed like he couldn't help it. He was just unhappy, unsatisfied even when I gave him what he demanded...we HAD to have a nap. We snuggled on the couch at 1:30 & woke up at 4. It was nice to randomly get a nap in the middle of the week!

* So---anyway, Tuesday night brought the carving of pumpkins & the frying of the pumpkin seeds. Yes, I fry them. In butter. Then I salt them. Then I eat them until I practically make myself sick on them, and I don't do it again until the next year. It's a sad tradition, and I do it annually. Can't help myself. It's like eating one of those Easter marshmallow peeps. They're so cute & fluffy, and then I have...oh, ONE of them, and I feel sick afterward. That's my Easter tradition....

* Got an A on my Monday night paper. Super excited about that.

* Think I got an A on my Thursday night test. She'll finalize the grading stuff soon.

* Got an online survey about how my experience was when my car was being fixed...gave the insurance co. a good review, but gave a rather vivid description of my driving experiences in my rentals (the 2nd one w/ the bad smell....yes, I assure you that my description included the phrases "hot flowers," & "snorting cigarrette ashes in a chicken coop." That was this morning. Got a return call from the car rental place this afternoon. I missed the call & the guy left a message. Talk about "service recovery!" We'll see what he has to say tomorrow...

* That's about all I know now...I've been super busy!
:)

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

At 4:12 AM , Blogger Hester 5 said...

That made me a little bit tired....hope to see you soon!

 
At 11:45 AM , Blogger Cassie said...

wowzas!! I cant get over the spider man pics! :)

ps I left you an award on my blog!! :)

 
At 1:01 PM , Blogger Pregnantly Plump said...

You have been busy! Hope you guys have a nice, relaxing weekend.

 
At 9:07 PM , Blogger Judy said...

Wow! And I thought *I* was a busy girl! LOL

 
At 3:57 AM , Blogger Jacki said...

You are busy...and I'm very sad you aren't in Jamaica. Sounds like you could use a beach and a grown up drink!

 
At 10:03 AM , Blogger lisa said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 10:30 AM , Blogger lisa said...

I hope your weekend was lots better. And I wanted to invite you over for a giveaway!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home