Life Is Just So Daily

Monday, September 29, 2008

BLD vs. Sweet Tea

For those that didn't know...my initials are BLD.

So, this is the official story of me vs. sweet tea.

When I was in 8th grade...or had just finished 8th grade... a few of us were spending the night at the home of our then friend, Kim P. We were playing around, having a good ol' time, etc. At some point---two of us were zipped up in a sleeping bag & jumping around. I fell & hit my head on the corner of the fireplace.
I can't remember if I cried or not. I know it hurt like a muthah!
The next day, my parents & I went shopping for clothes for the upcoming rafting trip. (Megan & Susan...I know you remember that trip!)
Anyway...the first red flag for my parents should have been the fact that I did NOT want to be shopping. (Hello!? How UN-characteristic is THAT?) And...for lunch, we ate at some Kenny Rogers restaurant or something... some chain that I think just never took off. Anyway.... I had sweet tea there, and I puked in the bathroom. Got home, puked all through the house as I ran to the bathroom. Didn't quite make the turn to aim at the toilet & puked all down the glass windows, and FINALLY landed some puke in the toilet.

...up until that point, I was okay with sweet or unsweet tea. After that day, I've never had a glass of sweet tea again.
I'm sure I had a concussion, but....whatever. I'm fine now. (.......right?)

9 Comments:

At 9:31 AM , Blogger Stephanie said...

Oh not good. I hate getting sick and then not being able to eat what it is I got sick. I love sweet tea and it would really be a bummer if I didn't like it anymore.

 
At 10:04 AM , Blogger lisa said...

NOW I understand. It took a traumatic brain injury for you to not like sweet tea! That makes since. I mean really could there be any other explanation?

Anyway, after your bad luck and then having to relive that horrible story, I hope you had a really good weekend.

 
At 10:44 AM , Blogger mpotter said...

funny how throwing up can ruin a food. my bff threw up after eating teddy grahams and to this day is done w/ them.

i don't like sweet tea either.
i used to drink it all the time. when i was very little. but i was supersuper skinny as a kid and my dad thought it best that i have milk w/ dinner. so i couldn't have tea anymore. well, milk won out. to this day i can't stand tea and lovvvve to drink milk.

 
At 10:58 AM , Blogger Just Jiff said...

Dang, sounds like you did have a concussion. And you need to try sweet tea again. Bet you'll love it. :) Or not. lol.

 
At 11:14 AM , Blogger Pregnantly Plump said...

That's a great reaso not to like sweet tea! I had a similar experience with grape soda. But it's really not that common of a drink, so it's not a big dea.

 
At 11:15 AM , Blogger shoeaddict said...

Hey honey!
I've missed you and Gage, too.
He is so so cute and I love that he said that he wants to be two. You look so adorable in the black dress (in anything, really!). I also really love the dancing on top of your chair barefoot. That is a girl I can be friends with. :)

I'm interested (AKA DYING to know!!) in knowing what the "B" in the BLD stands for since I know that "L" and the "D". Can I guess? There is one name that I have in mind.

Re: sweet tea. I like it but I don't drink it a whole lot. My husband doesn't eat peaches for the same reason that you don't drink sweet tea- he threw them up.

 
At 11:42 AM , Blogger Judy said...

It took me almost 30 years to eat turkey after throwing up one Thanksgiving, so I can totally understand.

Sweet tea has never made me sick, but I don't drink it. LOVE the unsweet tea!

 
At 3:46 PM , Blogger Elaine said...

That sounds serious! Glad you were ok. I understand about the sweet tea. When I was in 5th grade I went on a bus trip to Cedar Point (amusement park) and a girl ate too much all day (mostly pizza) and on the way back, leaned over the seat in front of her and puked on me and my friend. I had a hard time with pizza for awhile after that!

 
At 9:20 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can understand that...I used to love avocado's ...got sick..and now I can't eat them. Sucks about sweet tea though...I love sweet tea..good ole southern sweet tea!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home