Life Is Just So Daily

Monday, September 29, 2008

The Birthday Bash! That's a Wrap! (WARNING...this is LONG!)

Okay...I'm warning you again....this will be long. I'm about to post a mother load of pictures.... and I'm going to do it the easy way through snapfish, so I hope you can all see 'em!

So, we had Gage's party on Saturday. I assure you...we were busy, busy, busy getting ready. It does not matter how much time I allow for preparations...I always seem to need about 10 helping hands right before the party!

But...the party was fun for our little Army Dude!

The decorations were out...








My mom made THE most amazing cake!








Just look at how "little boy" he looks. Where did all that baby go?????


Racelle, Austin, & Jason...


...getting ready to blow out the candles...




Just look at the excitement on his face in this next shot!


Aiden & Victoria...he had soooooooo much fun with that saw!!!


Rachel making the "fishy" face.


Pam & Mr.Pam


...which leads me to this thought: there are many couples/families at the party that I didn't get photographed as a couple or as a family! Sorry.... I was slackin'.

Nathan & Ginger & Dean & Emory...


Why, yes, that IS a tank-tattoo on my face.
And yes, that IS my husband in the "dickhead hat".


Tera & Nathan...


Mark & Mamasita in the camo-netting tent we erected in the backyard...thanks to our neighbor Bill with the gardening stakes!


Tera, Me, Pam


Gage asked me, "You wanna be in my band?"
...of course I do!

(we were singing the theme song to "Maggie & The Ferocious Beast")

"NO MORE PICTURES, PLEASE!"

Gage was REALLY tired of the paparazzi by this point.

...in fact...Gage was just really tired by this point!
He zonked out on the couch while the party...or rather, AFTER-Party, was still a-blazin'!


And perhaps that's where I shall leave this today...and share the tales of the after party another day.
Let me just say---it took 3 grown men to get one after-party goer home. Damn those strawberry daiquiris!

Labels: , , ,

26 Comments:

At 12:55 PM , Blogger Dana said...

What an amazing job you did...You are FABOULUS!

 
At 1:22 PM , Blogger Stefanie said...

What a cute party! Looks like a blast.

 
At 1:37 PM , Blogger Framed by Grace said...

WOW! You are super-crafty mom for sure! All the decorations were great and Gage is such a cutie!

 
At 1:43 PM , Blogger Stephanie said...

You did such an amazing job! I just might be coming to you for ideas! :)

 
At 2:03 PM , Blogger lisa said...

That looks like lots of fun! I love the table decorations. What was the cake? I couldn't tell from the angle. It looks like a heli pad. And what a cute family you guys are!

 
At 2:07 PM , Blogger Chris H said...

You did really well with the party by the look of it! I must start giving mine some serious thought!

 
At 2:09 PM , Blogger Lainey-Paney said...

Oh, I totally forgot to give my mom credit for the cake!!!!

My mom made the cake.
On the left is a helipad, with a chocolate dipped helicopter. Then on the right are 3 little "army dudes" sleeping in their camo tents. How cooooooool is that????

 
At 2:19 PM , Blogger lisa said...

That is awesome! I don't know how I missed the pic before. The cake looks professional!

 
At 3:20 PM , Blogger Pam said...

It was a AWESOME party! And the cake tasted as good as it looked. Hmmm? I'm talking about it as if it is past tense. Hey, is there any cake left? I am SO coming over for big ol' slice.

Those strawberry daiquiris were bad news! I'm glad I gave up on those early.

 
At 6:09 PM , Blogger Pregnantly Plump said...

That looks like an amazing party! What a great theme!

 
At 6:09 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

That is AWESOME!!!!! You certainly set the bar high for next year.

 
At 6:20 PM , Blogger Judy said...

AWESOME party! Good for you!

 
At 7:13 PM , Blogger mpotter said...

what a fun theme. he seemed to enjoy it; and you went ALL out!

i cracked up at the least bitty thing: the "dickhead hat"... i've always thought the same thing. ha!

great job. sure you're all tuckered out by now.

 
At 9:07 PM , Blogger Bee said...

Mmmm Daiquiris!!
Hey, I think I might hire you to plan my fortieth party in 4 years. Maybe you can do an Insane Asylum theme??
The pictures are great and Gage is sooo cute!

 
At 5:48 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great party. I love the theme. That cake was AMAZING! I hope it was just as yummy.

You did an AWESOME job!

 
At 7:17 AM , Blogger Haasiegirl said...

what a wonderful party!! Can you come decorate for my daughters birthday? kthanks.

LOL!

trisha
www.momdot.com

 
At 7:26 AM , Blogger Framed by Grace said...

Thanks for the encouragement on the nursery ideas! The walls are finished the first layer of paint and I am super excited! I'll have to post pics of it when it's done.
I didn't realize that your mom made the cake=can we say A-May-zing!!!
Have a great week!

 
At 7:53 AM , Blogger Just Jiff said...

Wow! Great decorations!! And Gage looks so grown up!! He's so precious.

 
At 8:09 AM , Blogger Suzanne said...

Happy Birthday, Gage!

Hey, our Gage's are only 16 days apart in age!

Suzanne

 
At 8:17 AM , Blogger Suzanne said...

Oops, make that 10 days apart!

 
At 9:21 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an awesome party!! Looks like ya'll had fun!

 
At 11:21 AM , Blogger Jenster said...

Love, love, love the pictures!! Looks like a great party!

 
At 7:05 AM , Blogger Barrie said...

Wow, but that looks like it was fun! And the cake!!

 
At 8:27 AM , Blogger Angel said...

what a sweetheart Gage is...and THE CAKE??!!! GOOD LORD!!!! Your mom ROCKS!!!

 
At 7:15 AM , Blogger angie said...

What an adorable party! I wish you were here to throw all of my parties you are so creative!

 
At 8:43 AM , Blogger Jenny said...

what a great b-day party! i love the decorations and the cake. great job! oh, and i like gage's shirt.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home