Life Is Just So Daily

Friday, July 29, 2005

Drs appt yesterday...

Okay, so yesterday, I had a dr's appt.
Gage weighs about 4 pounds.
He's already head down for delivery. (early start...)
I already lost 1/2 of my mucous plug (very disgusting for you readers...sorry about that).
He can still flip left to right, but the dr said she doesnt think he will turn into breach position. She says that the chances are slim to none, and that he lacks the room to do it. She said that if he did--I would know b/c it would hurt a lot!
My belly has grown, but I have actually lost weight (about a pound...but hey--I'm excited!)
Blood pressure was good. (That reminds me...I havent tested it today...)
She said that she expects me to go for another 4-5 weeks, but with Gage already being head down...and losing 1/2 of my mucous plug already, she says it looks like I may go to only 37-38 weeks(which is still considered "term"). She reminded me of course, that 1st time moms often go past their original due dates, so she wanted to prepare me for that too. (Ummm...no thanks.)

I got a little chart thing that I have to do now where I count his kicks or movements. It's called the Fetal Activity Chart. I should have 10 movements in a 1-2 hour time frame.
Well, it just so happened that at 3:21 in the morning, Gage woke me up with a swift kick to the ribs. One. He kept moving after that...Two, Three, Four...etc. I was at
10 kicks by 3:41. Oh, he's quite the active boy. I actually think that he is tired of being in there--and the longer he's in, the less space he has. I think those are little "fits" he's throwing. Damon said, "Oh, he's already moving toward the exit!", "He's going to come out & say, 'What are y'all doing?'".

Damon & I went out to Rockwall last night to visit Linda & Joe. Bless her heart--she's laid up w/ a broken hip/pelvis...walking w/ a cane...& bored out of her mind! The docs havent decided yet if she'll need surgery. She goes in for another MRI next week to see how she's healing...and then they'll decide.

When we got home, Damon & I were just goofing around & joking each other. He said, "Idiot, I cant wait until you're not pregnant so I can throw you around again!" (He meant that in the least domestic violence sounding way). I mean, he's so much bigger than me, and he used to be able to just swoop me up & toss me about. Now, I'm pregnant, and he has to be all careful w/ me....

What else??? Drove to work this morning behind a man w/ a comb-over. Got a little laugh out of that!

Dad & Allen are coming up to Dallas today. They'll stay @ Pop & Gammy's & visit w/ them.

That's all for now!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home