Life Is Just So Daily

Monday, July 18, 2005

31 weeks.

Here's what they say about the baby for 31 weeks:

How your baby's growing: This week, your baby measures about 16 inches long. He weighs a little over 3 pounds and is headed for a growth spurt. He can turn his head from side to side, and he's beginning to accumulate a layer of fat underneath his skin in preparation for life as a newborn. As a result, his arms, legs, and body are filling out.

**********************************************

He moves sooooo much! I can feel him all the time.
It's so wonderful & weird...and sometimes a little painful.
My backaches...well, they're still here. And now, my ribs hurt a lot.
But...I just keep thinking that if you look at my lifespan--these 40 weeks are really such a brief, precious time. I will never again be carrying this baby. We have such a short time left together like this. Like now--there are TWO HEARTS beating inside me. That's amazing, and wonderful, and will be over soon.

...Damon says I'm hormonal again...& that's why I feel this way. He also says, "You're gonna have major post-partum depression!" I dont know that is necessarily the case. I think that I'm just at a point where I realize that this will be coming to an end. I also realize that there are benefits to this coming to an end, and believe me--I look forward to those! (1) I get to meet this baby!, (2) the backaches will hopefully subside, (3) I can sleep on my belly again! & (4) I'll eventually get back into normal clothes!!!! (5) I'll get to enjoy a Mimosa every now & then. Those are just some of the things I look forward to!

AM Vitals:
BP: 117/71
P: 100

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home