Life Is Just So Daily

Monday, July 04, 2005

Happy 4th of July!!!!

Well, it's Monday...4th of July...and thank goodness I'm not at work! Woohoo!

Our big plans for today: well, last night we talked about going to buy a blender & making fruit smoothies. I know, we're big party-goers!

It's just that being pregnant wears me out...and we were gone all day Saturday, and I worked yesterday...so a lazy day at the house may be just what I need.

We used to have a blender, but when we lived at The Station, I accidentally dropped it on the floor, and the thing broke. I'm sure it still technically could have worked--but the brain portion with all the electrical components just didnt look safe, so I chunked it. When I can see inside--and there are 25 wires hanging out, it just seems like a good time to replace it, you know?

I could NOT go to sleep last night. Somewhere I read that many pregnant women get insomnia...that hasnt really been a problem for me...

But, yesterday I was up @ 5 am...and then slept a little after that...and then last night I thought I'd be able to sleep. No such luck. I finally took a Tylenol PM around 2:30 or 3. Woke up at 9:30 this morning. I'm sure I would have slept longer had my bladder not been about to explode! And, I'm not normally one of those people who can go back to sleep. So, I got up. Since then...I have not been productive at all.

Lazy, Lazy Day!

Dad's coming into town tonight after he gets off work at 1.

Damon & I talked about driving out & watching fireworks...but we'll see. Right now I dont feel like doing anything but sitting in my chair in the living room & veging.

Mom told me that LeeAnn had her baby. We saw her Saturday & did her shower...then Saturday night/Sunday morning they went to the hospital @ 3 in the morning, and he arrived during the early morning hours of 7/3! Mom said he weighed over 8 pounds. So, welcome to the world Ethan!

Got our house on the market. We've got these little brochures out there that the realtor came up with. Maybe I'm being too picky...but I dont think that there are enough pictures on there. It's got a picture of the house from the outside, a picture in the kitchen, and a picture of the back patio. I'm tempted to go to Kinko's & have a second page of pictures printed up, and then just staple them together! Oh, & here's another thing: she's got it listed as a 2 bedroom...when we bought it--it was listed as a 3 bedroom. Sure, we use the smaller "bedroom" as a computer room...but still. I think if someone is using an internet search criteria, they may not even see our house if they want a "3 bedroom" for 2 bedrooms & an office. That's just my $0.02. So, we'll see...

The dog is driving me nuts. Sure, it's sweet that he's mega clingy to me now...but he follows me all about the house. If I get into the tub--he lays on the floor next to the tub. If I go to the restroom, he sits right there & watches me. When I flush, he hops up & goes to the hall to wait on me to come out. He sleeps on the floor next to my side of the bed now. As I type this, he's about 5 feet to my left just looking at me. I feed him in the morning and then around 5. He'll eat if I'm in the kitchen, & if I walk out--he follows me, and will eat if I return to the kitchen or leave the house. Eddie--I love you---but chill!

The weather was great this morning around 9:30. I went outside, and it was not too hot--there were gusty winds. Loved it. I could have sat on the back patio for a while! And, there was a woodpecker in one of the trees. I never really saw him, but I could definitely hear him. I kept looking for him--but no luck.

Damon's dad is done with his Interferon treatments, and now the medicine is just working its way out of his body I guess. He's itchy all the time, and I know just miserable...

Damon's grandmother is still going through her radiation treatments. Damon's mom was down there for a while, and says she's doing pretty good. She's so worn out that she doesnt drink as much as she's supposed to--so everyone has to stay on top of her about drinking water...or just drinking anything really.

My sunburn hurts less today. I pray it turns to tan!

I cant believe it's almost noon.
I'm gonna scoot & go watch tv. (productive, I know...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home