Life Is Just So Daily

Sunday, July 03, 2005

Sunday...

It's Sunday, and I am wrapping up my workday at big Baylor.
I totally screwed up the schedule. Apparently I wasnt scheduled until 3:30 pm to work until midnight. Why on earth did I agree to that??? Anyway, I forgot...and I thought I was working the day shift. The day shift here is 8:00-4:30. So, I came on in...the pager was quiet...didnt seem to be much going on. My kind of day! Then, around 9:30 or 10, this other SWer named Irina comes in. She's a big tall Russian woman with carrot red hair. She said, oh what are you doing here??? I told her that I was scheduled...she said no that I was scheduled for the nights...and she was covering days. I was like, "then why are you just getting here?" She then proceeded to tell me that she's also on call & the on call pager's been going off a ton & she gave me all this work to do. Thanks. I really would have enjoyed that 2 hour jump start had I been getting the calls starting at 8. Whatever.
It's all really my fault for screwing up the schedule anyway......

Yesterday...had a ton of fun, but my back hurt most of the day. Went out of town to Camp Wanika for the family 4th. Went swimming, which feels sooooo good. But, I didnt wear a high enough SPF, didnt apply as routinely as I should have...and naturally, I didnt feel like I was burning at the time....but, I was. My entire front side is lobster red. And, guess what....because I have a big ol' baby hanging out in front--I couldnt flip & roast my backside. So, on the upside, at least only my front is miserable, and I can lay on my back. On the downside, I'm burnt, either going to peel or going to be unevenly tan! Oh well.

We had my cousin LeeAnn's shower yesterday too. She's having a little boy. Scheduled to arrive Wednesday, as a matter of fact. She got so much cute stuff. It makes me so excited for my shower! And...I have to say this...I hope nobody gets offended...it's just my opinion you see...I dont like Winnie the Pooh stuff for kids. Sure, the movies & books are fine. I just see so much Pooh stuff, and I dont really like it. Maybe it's just me....

Riley's 2nd birthday was also yesterday. He had a cake & gifts. He's such a sweet boy. He really, really is. Now, his brother Tristan...while sweet...he's high energy, & into everything. Has to be watched all the time! Riley would crawl across a room just to sit in your lap. Tristan would run across the room, boink you in the head with a spongy bat & run off screaming with delight. They are just soooo very different!

Woke up this morning at 5am. My back hurt. I was in the tub crying because (1) my back hurt & (2) the warm water that was needed to help my back--well, it burned like hell on my sunburn. So, there I am in the tub, bawling...and Damon comes in. He really gets points for today. He brought me Tylenol. He brought me water. He sat up in the bathroom with me. He turned my heating pad on in the bed, and he knew it wasnt quite time for me to get up to go to work. But, he stayed up with me until I left for work. My backache felt better around 6, and I fell asleep until 7:20.

Okay...it's 4:30, I've gotta run & get outta here!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home