Life Is Just So Daily

Saturday, July 02, 2005

What a hellacious week...

OMG. This past week at work has been horrible.
In fact, it was so bad, that yesterday, I had to just shut my office door & cry...twice.

Monday & Tuesday were fine.

Wednesday...I got to work...Kala & I were the only two there at 8am. At 8:30, two others showed up. Boss was off (husband, heart attack), Jolene was off (she works 10 hour days, 4 days a week), the secretary called in, Tracey was off on vacation (1.5 weeks in Spain...poor thing!), and another SWer didnt show, didnt call. Well, apparently she called--but talked to the boss @ home...so I didnt know she wasnt coming in. So, here we were: 4 of us trying to play secretary, boss, and worker bees.

By 10:30 that morning I called the boss at home to see if (1) she would come in, (2) to let her know that I was calling the evening workers to see if they would come in. It finally got so bad, that we just had to lock the office, & put a sign on the door to let them know we were all out of the office & to page us if they needed anything.
Luckily, the boss came in at noon, the secretary came in at noon.

Wednesday mega sucked.
Thursday sucked.
And Friday was the worst!
Fridays normally suck in my arena, but b/c we were shortstaffed, and all the docs were trying to get people out before the long holiday weekend...oh it was horrible.

Enough about that b/c I'm getting mad about it all over again.

Yesterday Damon did all the laundry. Well...99 percent of it. He's so proud of himself. He actually went to the store & bought detergent...apparently we were out. He also prides himself on buying Downy Lavendar Vanilla fabric softener...I know, we're really stylin' over here! Anyway...he worked on laundry & internet poker all day.

I must admit, I was glad about the laundry...but pissed off about the internet poker. They are low limit games he plays, and he mostly wins, and most importantly--he has fun doing it. BUT-- he was playing from before I got home to 11:30 last night. He took a breat around 10 to go to Taco Bell for me. So, he gets points for that...but at 11 when I couldnt sleep, (which is very surprising to me because I'm normally in bed by 9, asleep before 10), I asked him to come to bed. "5 more minutes"....turned into 30. So, by the time he came to bed I already turned off the tv & was going to sleep. Then he has the nerve to say, "No, wake up & hang out with me."

My thoughts: You are out of your damn mind if you think that I am going to wake up now & hang out with you--when you just now made time for me, and you only did it b/c I asked!!!

Side note: you can cash out of these internet poker games at any time. Your credits, or money, or whatever---they go into your little account & you play with the same credits/money all the time, or until you deplete your own supply. So, it's not like he was winning thousands of dollars & I asked him to just walk away from his winnings.

So, I went to sleep. He of course turned on the TV & stayed up until who knows when. It's 8:45 now...and I'll be waking him soon. we've got plans today!

So far today, I woke up at 5, took a bath until the lightning started & my dear husband made me get out of the tub. GGGGRRRRR!!! My back was hurting, and in the moment, I was sooooo willing to take my chances, you know? So, I went back to bed...it stormed...which is perfect sleeping weather. The dog & cat got scared so they were all snuggled up in bed with us. Slept until 7:41.

Did the dishes
Ran one load of laundry (now we are done!)
swept the laundry room, kitchen, dining room, & living room
straightened the computer room.

Still need to get my stuff together to go out of town today. We're going down near Corsicana to my mom's side of the family 4th of July celebration. We rent this campground twice a year. The family is so large now that we couldnt possibly fit in anyone's house. This campground is perfect. I think churches & organizations rent it out. It's got a main pavillion with a dining hall, living/common room, kitchen...then several bunk houses, a pool, and a playground. So, the kids are always occupied. The adults have plenty of room to eat, visit, and play dominos! It's a lot of fun.

Last year Damon didnt go for 4th of July, but he went at Christmas time.

Noted the weather when I let the cat out this morning. It's mega hot, mega muggy! What on earth shall I do with my hair???

Oh, backflash: back to Wednesday....after the horrible day at work...I get out to my car, and my battery was dead. That really was the perfectly horrible end to a perfectly horrible day.

I dont know much else...
I need to go straighten the living room & get my stuff together to go.
Adios!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home