Life Is Just So Daily

Monday, July 11, 2005

TGIM...?????

Thank goodness it's Monday.
I know--makes no sense.
But, the weekend I had...man, I am kind of glad to be at work!!!!

So, all I wanted out of this weekend was to get a pedicure, and see my Mom & Allen over at my sister's new apartment. Guess what??? None of that happened!

Our first "open house" was Sunday. So, starting Friday after work--I was busy doing house related stuff. Had to get a cushion for this one chair in the Sun Room...had to get fresh flowers...had to get little butterfly looking clasps to wrap the cords from the Roman shades...just a bunch of odds & ends, you know?

Well, I forgot that I told my boss that I would work Saturday to make up for time off for my last dr's appointment...and I was going to be supervising & training a new hire. Only had to work from 8 to 11:15, so that was fine.

Well, Damon found out around 10 that they wanted to show our house on Saturday @ 1. So, I had planned to meet w/ mom, Allen, Tiff & her kids for lunch, then go see Tiff's new apartment. I love my husband--but his level of clean & my level of clean are two totally different things. I just couldnt trust that he'd have the house ready, plus you could hear the panic in his voice when we all of a sudden had to have the house ready. So, I cancelled my plans & went home to help Damon.

We got it clean & left to have lunch. We were going to BabiesRUs to update our registry, so picked a restaurant in Mesquite on Restaurant Row. He wanted Razzoos. I hate that place. I wanted Olive Garden...but we eat that a lot b/c I like it...so, we ate at some Japanese restaurant over there. Neither one of us had been before. Well--let me just tell you....I liked my food fine. Not exceptional, but not bad. Damon ordered sushi. I had no idea how expensive sushi is. After paying $60 for LUNCH, I decided that we'd have been better off at Taco Bell ordering from the 99 cent party taco menu! The food was soooo not worth the $$ we paid, and I told Damon that we'll no longer eat in restaurants where his meal is priced by the bite! Damon laughed at me--saying that I'm such a girl--and because I've had guys pay my way, I dont understand how much food cost when you eat out...etc.
I can accept that. But at the same time...I've eaten out plenty of times where I paid my own way too. I think it all comes down to this: sushi is expensive. Because I dont like it-I dont eat it, and I never order it or price it. That's the deal, and it was the pricing on the sushi that was such a shocker!

Well, the price of the sushi made me sick. The actual sushi made Damon sick. Or, that's what we think. We returned to the house after going to Babies R Us. We worked on some house stuff...then I offered to make Damon something to eat for dinner. He said he was not really hungry. Around 9:30 or 10, the vomitting started. Bless his little heart. He was sooooooooooooooooo sick. He was up puking until 3 in the morning. I gave him an anti-nausea pill to take around 10, but he threw that up...gave him another one around 12:30 or 1. Kept it down for a while...and then had another vomitting spell @ 3. I felt so bad for him...but there was nothing I could do to take it away or make him feel better....

Sunday... I was up & going by 7:30, and didnt wake Damon up until 9:30.
We worked on house stuff. Damon felt a lot better....
Open house was at 1. We went out to Rockwall during the open house & had lunch at Damon's mom's house.

Went back home...house looked & smelled awesome....
My feet were so tired that they were THROBBING. Damon got my little foot soaker thing for me. My feel hurt so bad, that I couldnt tell if the pulsing water felt good or was just a little reminder that my feet were sore...

By the end of the day yesterday...I was a tired, exhausted, miserable, in pain, hormonal bitch. I certainly didnt see myself this way yesterday...but I can admit to it today. Damon & I were laying on the bed watching Dateline. I made a comment related to the show. Damon told me to "shhhh" because he wanted to hear what they were saying about mapping out something or another. Well, I immediately began crying & was "just going to watch tv in the other room." So, of course it starts this cryfest that Damon had no way of understanding.... I immediately felt: "you dont care about my opinions", "you dont respect me", "you dont want to hear me talk", and "you dont love me." Bless his heart for putting up with that. I can see now how stupid & hormonal I was being...but I couldnt see it yesterday.
And--I thought all this hormonal crap was supposed to be over after like the first trimester....what's it doing back???
And Damon was so sweet in the end...In the beginning of yesterday's "episode", all he could say was, "what's wrong with you?", "why are you crying?", & "I never said that." By the end, he was apologizing (even though we now both know he did nothing wrong!) & saying, "Sweetie, you're just tired...you've been going all weekend...you just need to rest."

What else???
Updated the nursery. Got Gage's name hung on the wall. My mother-in-law got the letters & painted them. I used a staple gun (for the first time!) to attach ribbon to the back & tied them to these cute frog hangers that I've actually had since we lived in 101A (basement loft @ Magnolia Station).

I cant wait for Gage to get here. Some days, it's like I cant wait to meet him...then other days, I'm ready to just be un-pregnant!

Yesterday, I didnt feel him AT ALL until about 9pm. That's when I finally settled down into bed. Damon asked me how he was doing, and I said, "You know--I dont want to worry you, but I havent felt him at all today." About 5 seconds later was a little kick to my right side. I told Damon, "Oh, never mind. He heard me." After that, he was up most of the night...as was I. Feeling him now is different. It started out as flutters around 14 weeks....then little kicks...then strong kicks...now, it's like a slow motion movement & sometimes strong kicks. The feeling now reminds me of looking out into the ocean & seeing whales come up & go back down. It's a very slow, rolling, kind of motion that doesnt happen really quickly like a kick or a punch...but at the same time, it doesnt last very long before it's gone.

An old friend of mine, Deidra, moved back to Texas. Her mom is a nurse here at the hospital where I work. Deidra was living in Florida w/ her husband while he was going to law school. Well, they're back...and she just delivered a BEAUTIFUL baby girl! I saw her on Saturday before I went home. Scott (her husband) told me that their baby was beautiful...well, sure, he's biased. But no really--she's perfect. Her name is Maclaine Avery. She's tiny & perfect! I held her, and didnt want to put her down. I cant wait to feel that way with Gage.

I'm in a bit of trouble with Damon. I forgot to mail the house payment. Wait, let me rephrase that. I forgot to write the check & mail the housepayment. He totally asked me to do it....then when he noticed that the check hadnt cleared, he asked me about it. Y'all---I swore that I did it. Thank goodness I pay for checks w/ the carbon copies. There's no record of me making that payment... So, today after work, I'll be at the post office mailing it off. In my defense: I'm pregnant & I forget lots of things! If it's THAT important--then Damon needs to do it himself!

Okay...things are picking up at work. I gotta run.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home