Life Is Just So Daily

Monday, June 06, 2005

25 weeks today.

Only 15 more weeks to go!

Here's what babycenter.com says about the average baby @ 25 weeks:
How your baby's growing: Head to heels, your baby now measures about 13 1/2 inches. His weight — a pound and a half — doesn't sound like much, but he's beginning to exchange his long, lean look for some baby fat. As he does, his wrinkled skin will begin to smooth out and he'll start to look more and more like a newborn. His hair is probably recognizable now (in color and texture), although both may change after he's born.

...now, I'm sure my baby weighs more than a pound & a half, b/c he weighed 1 pound 9 ounces @ 18 weeks.

...didnt get much sleep last night...I think Gage was trying to kick his way out from under my ribs. I usually really enjoy feeling him kick. Well, last night he somehow nestled himself up under my ribs---it felt like he was between my lungs & probably resting his head on my heart!!! I woke up from his kicks--they HURT! And, I couldnt catch my breath, and literally had to stand up & massage him out of there. OMG, thought I was going to die. But, when I got up & pushed him down lower, he was fine. Active, but fine...& then the kicks didnt hurt. Well, about 2-3 hours later, I wake up again because he's back in my ribs! He either really likes it up there...or somehow gets stuck up there & hates it...or maybe it's just new territory that he wants to explore...I dunno. I just know it hurts, and I hate it when he gets up there!!!!

Now, when I did finally go back asleep--I had the most bizarre dream right before I woke up this morning.
First, I was babysitting Susan & David's dog, Charlie. He's kind of small, black curly hair, I forget what breed he is...not Scottie or Westie...& Aufen something or other I think. He looks like Toto from the Wizard of Oz, only a little bigger. Anyway--he is sssssoooooo sweet & biggest ball of energy you've ever seen. Well, Damon & I were dog sitting him @ our place b/c Susan & David were going somewhere. And, Eddie & Charlie got along wonderfully. Then, later in the dream, it was like a few months later, and Susan gave me a puppy...and Charlie was the father. Well,the puppy was so tiny, & it looked more like a brand new baby bird than a puppy. And, its hair was curly like Charlie's, but it was bright orange. When it was time to feed the dogs, Eddie got his regular dog food...but the orange puppy got Fruity Pebbles. It was weird.

Weekend...
Saturday...cleaned house a little (not as much as I should have)
Made homemade Chili
Went to a local nursery (Walton's), & then to Home Depot to price shop flowers
Designed a front flower bed
Damon went & got a truck load of mulch for the front flowerbed

Sunday
Damon & his nephew Christopher, and his mom made the front flower bed
I went to the grocery store for a couple of things
Ate about 1/2 a watermelon by myself!
Megan & Stephen came over on their way to dinner...Stephen saw the house for the 1st time, & they got to see the nursery stuff (new bedding, etc.)

Megan brought over two really cute onesies. She said she bought them before she knew if we were having a boy or a girl...so they are both yellow & white. (which works out well..because I bought a lot of yellow & white baby stuff before I knew Gage was a boy!) One outfit has a yellow ducky on it. The other one says "Just stay Little".So, they're super cute.

Heard from Jessica this morning. She's going in for a c-section on Tuesday. (Prayers for her & her babies!!!) She says that the dr's estimate her babies @ 6 pounds each. For those who dont know--she's having twin girls. And, they are in the midst of renovating a house & going to be moving very soon. Thank goodness they've got family to help out! They've already got one little one at home. He's ....almost 2 I think. (Jess--forgive me if I'm wrong!) Anyway....Jessica & I were talking a couple of weeks ago, and she said that soon she'll be the mother of 3, all of which will be under the age of 2! My first thought (& Jessica knows this!), all those diapers! I just cant even think about all the diapers they are going to use up!!!!

Mom & David had their anniversary this past weekend. They've been married for 1 year & 2 days. Time flies.... Thinking back to 1 year & 2 days ago...man, I was skinny!!! Damon was playing in a golf tournament that weekend.

This Saturday is my photo-shoot with Diana Hall. I'm soooooo excited! I cant wait. Mom's coming up from Tyler to go with me.

My friend Mikey just came by & dropped off the CD for Damon's father's day gift. Sadly, I have no CD player on my computer at work. Well....Mikey works in IS here, so, he says he'll bring me one shortly & install it in my computer so I can listen to the CD. Thanks Mikey!!!
I think Damon is going to just love this gift!!!

Big News: Ginger Dean is engaged! She got engaged this past weekend...and is getting married the day after my birthday! (Not this year.... 6/17/6). Random thought: I'll be a MOTHER by then!!!!


I'm off to start my day. Well, I've already seen 2 patients this morning...so I guess my day is started...but I do have more work to do...so I'm outta here!!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home