Life Is Just So Daily

Saturday, May 28, 2005

Kind of in a funk this morning....but productive.

It's Saturday morning. I'm blogging from home...which rarely happens b/c we have dial up & I am not a very patient person. (Hey--at least I recognize my weakness!)

My mood is kind of in a funk this morning. Not feeling sexy, attractive, etc. I'm sure anyone who's been pregnant can relate. Well, actually--let me rephrase the whole thing...I feel attractive..I feel like my husband doesnt find me so attractive. And, since he's the one I try to be attractive for---it's just kind of putting me in a funk.
Enough said about that whole topic.

I've been very productive this morning. Putting a positive spin on my negative energy this morning.

So far, here's what I've done.
7am--woke up
In the 7 o'clock hour:
swept kitchen
swept living room
untaped speaker in kitchen (blue tape from painting around it)
installed 2 more drawer pulls (recently painted cabinets..havent reinstalled all hardware yet)
cleaned the top of the top oven (I'm short, so I never see up there...it's really dusty!...or it was)
unloaded dishwasher
took down kitchen ceiling fan blades

In the 8 o'clock hour:
cleaned ceiling fan blades
swept dining room
wiped down the kitchen countertops
cleaned the inside of the microwave
cleaned the kitchen trashcan (it's stainless & gets streaky)
cleaned the stovetop (removed burners & all!)
wiped down all appliances, large & small

In the 9 o'clock hour:
spray painted the kitchen ceiling fan blades (to match new light fixture)
thought about cleaning the ovens, but read the product label--not safe for PG women
ate breakfast
went in the living room to finish watching a movie I started...I've screwed up the TV/DVD/Satellite thing. I cant figure out how all those things work together, and inevitably--I screw it all up when not under the supervision of my husband.

So, Damon's still asleep.
My home is relatively clean. The kitchen & living room & dining room are damn near spotless. I look at these other tasks around the house & dont even feel like starting them.

Movie Reviews...
Blessed - with Heather Graham. Drama/suspense....not so great. Not terrible, but not so great.
Closer - with Julia Roberts & Natalie Portman (I think)...so far, I like it. I'm not done watching it. Tried to finish it this morning--note the paragraph up above about my inability to operate electronic devices.

Not really sure what today holds for me.
It's not sunny out. Looks like it may be overcast today. It's breezy...not to hot. Sounds like a perfect day for yardwork. (Would put an emoticon here, but I really have mixed emotions about yardwork in my "condition"...so I wouldnt even know which emoticon to select).

Damon's grandmother was dx'd this week with lung cancer. She's 89. She has CHF like Papa (congestive heart failure). They were recently treating her for pneumonia, but she wasnt improving or responding to medications...went back to the hospital, and that's when they found the lung cancer. Damon's mom says that she will likely go through radiation.

So...not much good news here this morning. :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home