Life Is Just So Daily

Thursday, May 26, 2005

When I call, you answer!

So...yesterday afternoon....I come home from work to find my husband hanging out with a certain country music singer who I happen to love. I'm not naming names here, because what if he googles his name & this comes up...
Anyway--I think this singer is great, and he's so nice. In fact, when Damon & I first met & started dating...one of his songs was a hit @ the time, and like my favorite country song. I wanted it to be the song we danced to @ our wedding b/c it always makes me think back to the beginning....

ANYWAY!

So, I come home--they're hanging out...his wife is over & she's nice too...we're all just kind of hanging out. Well, his wife goes home to start dinner. So, Damon & Mr.Singer run up to the beer store b/c they want to drink some beer. Not a problem...I just get home from getting my hair cut (which is pretty cute by the way), and they return from the beer store. They are just sitting outside in the truck. So, I called Damon's cell phone to joke with him & say, "If you guys are looking for a place to park--I know a great one down by the lake for you two to go parking!" Haha, it's funny. Well...I'm sitting in the living room, with my new cute hair, ringing Damon's cell phone. I see him look at who is calling & then not answer. I got his voice mail.

Oh my gosh, I'm getting mad all over again just typing this. I think my skin may actually now be a few degrees higher to the touch--that's how hot I am over this issue.

So, they hang out for about 5-10 more minutes, and Damon comes into the house. He's in a good mood...laughing joking...then says, "We were just talking to __BLANK___" a famous female country artist who called Mr.Singer to talk about American Idol of all things. So, the three of them: Damon, Mr.Singer, and __BLANK__ are all laughing, joking, cutting up...& that's why he didnt accept my call when it rang.
WTF? I dont give a sh*t who you are talking to Little Mister Starstruck! When I call, you damn well better answer. If you dont hear my call--that's different. If you didnt have your cell w/ you or the battery was dead--that's different. You looked at the phone, saw that I was calling, and made a decision in that moment to continue to talk to __BLANK__ over me. And, I know you did this because you were sitting outside of the house. I was in the living room, and watched you do the whole thing!

So, naturally I had to point out how sh*tty this was, and how sh*tty it made me feel. He's sorry of course.

And you know--if I wanted to rub salt in the wound...I could have reminded him of how he felt when he heard that I "hooked up" with Mike Modano at my bachelorrette party. Did I even mention that??? No. But, to this day--he wont go to a Stars game. He will change the channel if they are interviewing Mike Modano on the news.

Ugh. Boys. They're so stupid. I mean, we love them, and they can be great sometimes...but it's like the most basic concepts that seem so hard for them.
Concept: Your wife wants to know that you think she's the most beautiful, most important, sexiest creature alive. Dismissing her call so you can talk to __BLANK__ & then coming into the house & announcing it...that's what we call 'missing the boat'.

And here's another thing...Damon has never given a care about American Idol. All of a sudden they are both into it & he comes in wanting to watch it. No freaking way. We are watching something else--anything else. Then, for the last 6 minutes of the show I put American Idol on so that we can see who won. He starts talking about Carrie Underwood's voice, range, etc. Hey jacka$$---I'm not stupid. That's all stuff you either heard on the radio, news, or from Mr.Singer & __BLANK__ b/c you havent seen an episode this whole season. In fact, when I have watched it in the past, you have gone into the other room to watch Poker or something else.

So, maybe I'm hormonal.
Maybe my husband really can be this dumb at times.
Maybe both of those are true... I dont know.
But I do know that I left a pretty large impression on Mr.Duke, and I dont think he will be declining my calls anymore...at least not when he's in my line of vision!!!!


Okay, I have a patient to see...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home