Life Is Just So Daily

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

What did I do to deserve this???.....

Last night, I went home to my favorite meal from one of my favorite restaurants...Hattie's in the Bishop Arts District. They make this pecan-encrusted catfish with garlic mashed potatoes...oh, it is out of this world (to me anyway!). Well, Damon got the recipe--wont tell me where, when, or how...but he got the recipe & that's what he made for dinner last night. He also stopped at Blockbuster & got a couple of movies that I mentioned "hey, that looks good" when I saw the commercials... I didnt remember that I wanted to see them--but he sure did. How sweet is that?
So, we ate & I loved dinner! Damon--well, he doesnt like that at the restaurant, and said that he thought maybe if he made it himself then he would like. No, he told me last night that he still doesnt like it. So...that makes it even sweeter. He made my favorite dinner even though he doesnt like it.
Then--after dinner...he baked brownies. We had milk & brownies & started watching a movie called "National Treasure" with Nicholas Cage. Unfortunately, I fell asleep during the movie...not that it is not good--no, I was really enjoying the movie...I just get so tired!!!! So, I slept from 9 to 12:30, got up to go to the bathroom...slept again until 3:30...got up to go to the bathroom...and then got up out of bed at 6:30. And...here it is morning time & I could honestly go right back to sleep!!!!

I thought in the 2nd trimester you were supposed to get this "second wind" & not be tired all the time...well, I could fall asleep right here at my desk! I could sleep at any time it seems...

The weekend:
On Friday night Damon took me to the Olive Garden to eat. Yummy Yummy to my tummy! I havent been there in years. Forgot how good it is!
Saturday...daytime...I started painting the fireplace red. I officially suck at painting, and Damon will back me up on this one. Damon finished the job Saturday night, and we think we will still give it 2 more coats...Saturday night I worked at Baylor. I was impressed with myself for staying up so late!!
Sunday--went to Rankin's church & then went out to lunch. Some of the family was there: Billie, Rankin, Kyle, Wanda, Don, Mom, David, Mario, Allen, Loraine, & Glynn. Oh, and me & Damon. We had a great time & had a wonderful lunch afterward. The food was so good at this restaurant in North Richland Hills called LaBistro.
(...just now noticing...a lot of this post is revolving around food...)
After lunch we came home...and I took a nap from 3 to 6. Had Sonic salads for dinner (& an Orange Cool Breeze of course) & watched Desperate Housewives. Didnt stay awake for Grey's Anatomy--so nobody tell me what happened...I still havent watched it yet; it's saved on PVR.

Something I havent done in a while...Movie Reviews!
"Wicker Park"......bizarre, frustrating, but interesting & ends well.
"The Incredibles"...cute, Damon & I both enjoyed it.
"National Treasure"..not done yet, but fully intend to finish the movie. I've enjoyed all that I've seen so far.

What else??? Gage is waking up for the morning. I can feel him turning. No big kicks yet today...just moving around.

I'm ready to get my hair cut. My spots are growing back in. I can now wear my hair down & the spots dont show. I couldnt go super-short or anything...but I'm definitely ready for some type of hair change.
I'll have to start looking....

I'm outta here for now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home