Life Is Just So Daily

Sunday, May 29, 2005

Sunday...

Good morning...it's Sunday.
We should have gone to church this morning...but didnt.
Here's what I've done so far (b/c I know you love to read these lists!)

Pulled about 20 weeds (not that there arent more...but it's muggy out)
Took out the trash from the kitchen
Load of dishes
Load of laundry
sorted the rest of the laundry
returned movies to Blockbuster
got gas in the Jeep
got a Sunday paper
got donuts for breakfast
cleaned the kitchen countertops (again...as I just did this yesterday!)
bleached the kitchen sink with Comet
thought about making the bed--but laid down instead
read some of the Sunday paper

Damon's out in Rockwall golfing.

He's got tomorrow off from work, so he's going to work on house projects tomorrow.
I've got to work...lucky me.

I'm gonna work on house projects in a bit, but I just HAD to log onto the internet to check out the website of the neighborhood we went & looked at yesterday. It's www.thetravisranch.com. It's out in Forney..which is kind of far...but, it's only 10 minutes from Rockwall, and that's where my Mother-in-Law lives. Damon & I just fell in love with the community....but at the same time, it kind of reminds us of "Stepford" from the movie, "The Stepford Wives". Now, how do I mean that it reminds us of Stepford...well, the neighborhood is in the first phase, and they are making it like Stonebriar Ranch. Eventually, it will have 4 schools, 2 amenity centers (the first has a pool, kids' splash park, playground, pavillion, park, and roller hockey rink), a marina, a sandy beach to Lake Ray Hubbard, a boardwalk & a restaurant. So--they make it so that you dont want to leave the neighborhood...Damon & I decided that if they added a grocery store, Blockbuster, bank & dry cleaners, we wouldnt need to leave!!! Oh--except we that we have jobs that we have to go to... This just confirms my thoughts: this whole 'work' thing is really inconvenient!!!

Anyway...I've routinely gotten onto Damon for looking for a new house when we havent even got this one on the market yet. Naturally, yesterday..I went along with him, and thoroughly enjoyed myself. We met with representatives from Kimball Hill homes & David Weekly homes. The other builders out there are Ryland & Horizon. We didnt meet with them. We love, love, love this one floorplan for Kimball Hill homes. It's not the biggest--not at the top of our price range...we just loved it. Even the bigger & more expensive homes that we can afford, we didnt like them as much as the "Charleston" it is called. The kitchen is in the center of the house, and is kind of a hub for all activity. We really liked that about it.
Out at Travis Ranch they have a strict repeat policy (not really sure the exact wording on the policy), but it makes it so that you, your next door neighbor, and the guy across the street dont all have the same house. I think neighborhoods like that are just weird. Megan says they are creepy b/c it reminds her of the book, "A Wrinkle in Time". So, at Travis Ranch, each little area is shared by more than one builder, and they divide up all the lots & implement the repeat policy. So, that will give you some diversity as you drive along.

One thing that sucks though--the guy driving us around showing us homes would say things like, "just behind those 3 big trees..." Whatever. I didnt see 3 big trees. I saw 3 newly planted trees about the size of a fake Ficus that you could buy at Garden Ridge. Nice try though. On one hand it will be nice to get away from these pecan trees....on the other hand...I like the look & feel of full mature trees. Not to mention the shade they provide. And of course the sales guy has a reasonable shade providing offer: for X thousand dollars, they offer the option of covering your patio for you to meet your shade needs/expectations.

The lot we really liked isnt a corner lot (b/c they are mostly all taken), and it is across the street from the first amenities center which is already built & I think that they are opening this Summer. And, it's the next to the last house. And, the two neighbors we'll have already purchased their lots & the homes will already be built--even if we bought the lot/house today. So, no construction to the immediate left & right.

But...here we are....& we still dont even have our house on the market yet. So, why the hell am I typing instead of getting this house ready!!!????

Movie Reviews:
Closer - with Julia Roberts. I finished it yesterday. It sucked. I thought it was going to be okay, or even pretty good...well, that was when I was about 20 minutes into the movie apparently. In the end, it sucked.
Coming Soon (as these just arrived via Netflix): Spanglish & The Aviator

Book Reviews:
The Wedding by Nicholas Sparks...I think I'm moving onto chapter 6 now. Loving it. It's very good so far.

Okay..I'm done typing. I'm going to be productive now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home