Life Is Just So Daily

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Who Ya Gonna Call? GhostBusters!

Gage's birthday party was this past Saturday.
25 five year olds & their parents?
Yes, it was crazy crowded.
The rain didn't help that situation.
We had a backyard bounce house planned...you know to have people inside & outside, and freely flowing....
That didn't happen.
What DID happen?
Well, God blessed us with some rain-free hours, just in time to have the bounce house set up at the beginning of the party. We had to nix the backyard plans because it would just be too wet & the possibility of 50 little feet tracking any mud inside onto the off-white carpet was just excrutiating.

So----we had the bounce house on the front driveway. And, it all worked out.
{Thank Goodness!}

Here are some pics from the party...

The cake table...



The gift table...


Here's his GhostBuster Sign that Mommy made for the party...{it's a $5 tee from Target, stretched over a $5 canvas from Michael's. How's that for inexpensive fun!?}


Gage's favorite part: the fact that the original sign had a cuss word on it. Ugh...little boys! I was constantly covering up 'ass,' and he was forever yanking off my cover up attempt.


My ghostly cake balls! {They were a hit, from what I hear. I think they were waaaay too sweet, and not nearly as fun to make as they seemed on the internet. Damn internet.}


The party's getting into full swing....


Fun in the play room...



Daddy's cauldron outside....


Bounce House Fun...




Kiddos were having fun everywhere!




Cake Time! {The dry ice was a huge success!}




Time to open gifts!
{There were soooo many gifts! My goodness!}




We were smiling...but I assure you, we were two TIRED parents!


Gage was VERY excited about his new GhostBuster shirt from his buddy, W.


He was very excited to play with some of his new gifts after most of the guests went home...




It wasn't long after Darnin', PawPaw, Aunt Tipper & Trystan left, that we found THIS little guy passed out on the couch...on his new Pillow Pet, & wearing his GhostBuster tee...


...Although we thought he was down for the count, he wasn't. He apparently just needed a nap before he & Daddy rocked the GhostBuster's Wii game...




Oh...it was a great day & night for our little guy!
Birthday parties are such a beating.
And, I definitely couldn't have done all this without my family {thank you, thank you, thank you!}, but to hear Gage tell me thank you, and tell me how much fun he had...oh, that makes it all worth it.
{Well, almost "all" of the hardwork...it didn't make up for the caramel apple catastrophe, but we won't go there.}

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At 1:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW!

Seriously WOW!

The party looked like so much fun! And the cake...WOW...amazing.

I'm sure your little guy had a great time! Nice job!

 
At 2:31 PM , Blogger Zephra said...

I see you managed to get my ass in one of the shots but that is okay. It is a lot smaller than it used to be. The next time we are together I want to hear the caramel apple story. Zakary had a good time.

 
At 1:19 PM , Blogger Kristin said...

Oh my gosh!!! I am somewhat intimidated and completely amazed at this party. It makes me want to apologize to my children!!!! Way to go!!!!

 
At 2:33 PM , Blogger Brent and Rachel Fisher said...

The party looked like fun. The cake was AMAZING and I love the dry ice effect. Good job!

 
At 10:49 AM , Blogger Kate said...

What a fantastic party! I agree--I love the dry ice and the cake is amazing.

 
At 7:58 PM , Anonymous misguided mommy said...

that scary little ghost thing outside NOT OKAY just the picture scared me. and is that the cake you made?

also, you should read my latest post...tell me if you find the humor in it

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home