Life Is Just So Daily

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Dinner Tonight...

Okay, so I've cooked for a change.
wooohooo!

mainly it's b/c this is something that I enjoy eating...but, my hubby doesn't enjoy it as much as me, and so he doesn't cook it...

Seafood Stew

1 c. green bell pepper
1/2 c. chopped onion
1 tbsp cooking oil
1 tbsp cornstarch
1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
1 6 oz. can tomato juice
1 c. chopped frozen okra
3 cans (4 oz. each) cooked shrimp
2 cans (4 oz. each) crab
3/4 c. quick cooking rice

In a large pot, cook the chopped bell pepper & onion in hot oil until tender. Stir in cornstarch. Add the undrained tomatoes & tomato juice. Cook & stir until bubbly; add okra. Bring mixture to boiling; reduce heat. Cover; simmer 10 minutes. Stir in shrimp, crab rice, and 1 1/4 cups water. Return mixture to boiling. Remove from heat. Cover and let stand for about 5 minutes or until rice is tender.

:)
I think it's so yummy! And, it's not spicy, so that makes me happy.

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 5:56 PM , Blogger Sarah Lynn said...

Yummy! That sounds really good. The only thing I would probably leave out is the okra, since I'm not a fan.

 
At 6:00 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

That sounds delicious!

 
At 6:30 AM , Blogger Nada said...

that sounds quite great!! I love okra!!

 
At 9:17 AM , Blogger Shawna said...

Shannon will be proud!

yum!

 
At 12:47 PM , Blogger shoeaddict said...

I cooked shrimp fetticcini (spell?) and jambalaya this week. There were both very good and easy.

 
At 1:54 PM , Blogger zirelda said...

Oh that sounds like a gumbo a lady I used to work for used to make.

Okra is good stuff!

 
At 10:59 PM , Blogger Barrie said...

Actually, that sounds pretty good. And, for the record, I've never had okra that wasn't fried or, worse yet, deep fried!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home