Life Is Just So Daily

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

My Little Freak Baby.

So...for the past 2 days now, Gage's lips have been swollen.

He's getting his 2 year molars, so we've had teething pain, fever, & a raging case of the whines.

....but yesterday morning, he woke up looking like SHE could be his mom.
Photobucket">

So...he got Benadryl all day. Around 5, I spoke with the pediatrician...keep giving him Benadryl & watch him....watch for difficulty breathing, yada yada yada.

Around 7pm, he looked a little more like SHE could be his mom.

I was worried about the skin holding!

So, I talked to a friend who is a pediatrician....and just as we were getting ready to head out the door to the ER, the swelling started to go back down.

Kids are soooooooooooooooo weird.
I need to call the pediatrician's office when they open in a little bit.
Life is rough right now.
Gage is whiny. His teeth hurt. He's drooling like a Saint Bernard. It takes 2 adults to hold him down to give him his Benadryl/Tylenol/Motrin at their various due times.

I think it's going to be a loooooooooong day.

Labels:

10 Comments:

At 7:42 AM , Blogger Valerie said...

Sorry poor Gage is having a hard time with his teeth. I remember T was a beast while the 2 year molars were coming in.

 
At 7:52 AM , Blogger Pregnantly Plump said...

Poor Gage. I know that has to hurt. My lips swell to Angelina proportions about once a year and the pain is awful (although I do get lots of compliments). I hope he starts feeling better soon and those teeth come through quickly.

 
At 8:07 AM , Blogger Beth said...

Interesting. I never experienced my kids' lips swelling when their molars came in - although they were certainly whiny.
Poor little guy - and poor Mom.
Good luck getting through this latest challenge!

 
At 8:09 AM , Blogger Zephra said...

Ouch. Poor kid but the lip swelling is strange. It is teething related?

 
At 8:15 AM , Blogger kim-d said...

Awww, poor Gage AND poor Mom. I'm not sure which one of you I feel the most sorry for. However, "drooling like a St. Bernard"? I'm sorry, but I just had to chuckle at that one...

Hang tough, Lainey! :)

 
At 8:19 AM , Blogger Chastity said...

Do you know if he has any allergies? Every now and then my lips will swell, last summer my upper lip swelled to at least three times it's normal size. It's an allergic reaction to something, but we just don't know what it is.

I've never heard of lips swelling as a result of teething. Lila's gums were extremely swollen for weeks when she got her 2 year molars but never her lips.

 
At 10:10 AM , Blogger Heidi said...

Do you or the doc have any idea why his lips swelled? Teething? Allergy? I am glad they are coming down to normal, even though huge lips are supposed to be very sexy!

 
At 10:31 AM , Blogger Laura said...

Poor little guy.....poor mommy...hope he is ok. It sure is amazing that you can get to the point where you are about to go seek medical attention - and BANG! they start feeling better....

Good luck!

 
At 10:49 AM , Blogger Christy said...

Poor baby. I hope those teeth pop up quickly!

 
At 12:17 PM , Blogger Judy said...

Thinking of you guys today - hope all is better in teething-land!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home