Life Is Just So Daily

Monday, April 21, 2008

Tons of Pics from Camp Wanica...

Well, I took a ton of pictures, and sadly, did not get everyone photographed. I think my Aunt Loraine said that there were 94 people in total.... Something wild like that.

Anyway...my grandmother is Mema. She's one of many many children. (maybe 10? 12? I forget.) 4 of her sisters were there...two were in from Flagstaff.
Mema & her sisters

That's my Mema in the white visor.
:)

And then Mema went on to have SEVEN DAUGHTERS!
Sadly, two have passed away, so there are now 5 left.
Left to right: My Mom, Aunt Pat, Aunt Billie, Aunt Wanda, Aunt Loraine


Going down from there....each of the daughters had at least two children, all of them older than me. I'm the youngest grandchild, and I'm almost THIRTY!
So, Mema's got great-great-grandbabies!
Mema & her great-great-granddaughter, Tatum.

Isn't she so alert & cute???? Her hair is coming in, and it is just as dark as can be. So baby fine, but almost black. It doesn't look so dark in the picture, but it is. And she is So Sweeeeet!

There was a lot of playing on the playground...






What else?
My mom loves my child sooooo much that when he said, "May I can have some cake?" She said yes & let him pick which one. When he chose Great Aunt Wanda's Birthday Cake, she cut it up & served him a corner piece!

Of course, after that we had to change his clothes...but boy, was Gage a happy camper at Camp Wanica!

There were lots of smiles!




There truly are way too many pics to post...

A good time was had by all. I'm pretty convinced that the best time was had by Gage.
He was asleep before we even got on a paved road!


UPDATED: And just for Alissa... here are the cows & the road-runner!


The road-runner is in the center of this pic. He's small, fast, and hard to see in this pic!

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At 7:00 PM , Blogger Kate said...

Great pictures! I love the one at the end--love that golf club. =)

 
At 7:15 PM , Blogger Chastity said...

I think I'd have been tired after all of that myself!

 
At 8:23 PM , Blogger Chris H said...

I think big families are awesome! My mum is the eldest of 10, 5 girls first then 5 boys! they all went on to have at least 2 if not 4 children each and so on.... so we have a huge family too.

 
At 9:19 PM , Blogger Ann(ie) said...

I loved those pics. The first two are especially cool. I never got a sister, but I hear those relationships are just incredibly special.

 
At 5:04 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

But where are the photos of the cows? ;-)

 
At 7:56 AM , Blogger Burgh Baby said...

That's a whole lot like a get-together with my husband's family. They breed like rabbits and live forever. It's a good thing. ;-)

 
At 4:34 PM , Blogger Jen said...

Wow! You have an enormous family! Kinda makes me want to have 7 kids... well, ALMOST KINDA makes me want to...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home