Life Is Just So Daily

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Since the Surgery...

Okay, it's Thursday now. We really have done a lot since the surgery on Monday!
So, here's a recap....with pictures!

On Monday, Mom, Allen, & Mario were here....
So, since we were home from the hospital by lunch-time (a late lunch, but whatever...), we made pizzas!





And....during naptime, I took Allen & Mario to a local outdoor skate park.




On Tuesday, Mom's cold was full-blown! She wasn't feeling up to par when she got here, but wasn't necessarily sick. By Tuesday, she was SICK & it was time to go home. But, before that, we took my car in for an alignment & tire rotation. She took the guys & Gage back to the park. Gage made a mad-dash for the playground before Mom even reached the play area. He'd already gone down the super-wet slide & fell in wet mulch. He was wet, cold, covered in mulch, and ready to go. So, a few minutes later---they were back!

Mom, Allen, & Mario left on Tuesday.

On Wednesday (yesterday...), my friend, Tera, & I took our little ones to the Dallas Zoo. We decided that we'd ride together, and just rent a double stroller when we got there. To note: the double strollers do NOT have very much storage at all! The storage on that thing was super-sucky. Also to note: pushing back nap time for the sake of a zoo trip is not that bad....but, doing it for a 1.5 year old, and for a 2.5 year old, and then strapping them into the same stroller---not such a good idea.

Anyway...zoo pics:

Gage cautiously checking things out...


Gage kissing a statue... "it's a pig! it's a pig!"


Playing in the kids water area....


Gage rode a pony named "Bubbles"


The kiddos got an Icee (Gage's very first Icee!)


And...then we saw this:

"What's he doing, Mommy?"
"Why he is just doing dat?"
"Why's he up dere?"
........"Um, Gage, they're DANCING!"
"Dats silly."
[and I am just sick & twisted enough to photograph it!!!!]

So, remember what I mentioned about pushing back naptime, and putting two kids in the same stroller? All was well for a while....but, after a while---the fighting began. "Don't make me stop this stroller! I will pull it over!"


Gage's favorite: the Cheetahs!


Mommy & Gage as we were getting ready to leave...


...but of course, we had to ride the carousel on our way out!
He chose to ride the Cheetah, of course!


It was a great day!

Labels: ,

19 Comments:

At 8:40 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

DANCING!!!! LMAO!!!
You had to take the picture or we would not have believed it!

Gage is getting soooo big...look at his legs...he's going to be a tall boy! Looks like you guys had the perfect day!

 
At 8:52 AM , Blogger Zephra said...

I was gonna say "and you were just sick enough to take a pic of it" Ha ha. We are going next week and now I know they have the water running in the children's area. The last time we went I rented a stroller and it was super pricey so I take my own...

 
At 9:27 AM , Blogger Laura said...

What great photos...thanks for sharing.

 
At 9:52 AM , Blogger Just Jiff said...

Very cute! I love the dancing picture! hahaah!

 
At 10:15 AM , Blogger zirelda said...

Awwwww. Boy do I miss Icees...

 
At 12:16 PM , Blogger Chris H said...

Ingeniuos answer Mummy! I always just say one is getting a 'piggy back ride" ! Lovely photos. Hope your Mum is feeling better now.

 
At 2:06 PM , Blogger Judy said...

have you ever ventured over to the Fort Worth zoo? Gads, I love that place.

Of course, we're regulars at the San Antonio zoo now, it is amazing, too!

I love a good animal park!

 
At 5:04 PM , Blogger Angel said...

of COURSE you took a picture of them "dancing"...I wish I could go "dancing", I haven't been "dancing" in a long time...I like that kind of "dancing"

and do you think I should make the Penis Cake for my daughter's bridal shower?

 
At 5:07 PM , Blogger Christy said...

Looks like you guys had fun! I love the picture of you and Gage.

 
At 10:35 PM , Blogger Ann(ie) said...

Those are great pics....the mommy and gage one is my fave!!!

 
At 7:13 AM , Blogger Shawna said...

good answer! I would have fumbled all over that one.

It looks like a great time, and probably a nice break from the hospital.

I wanna go to a big zoo with real animals. At our zoo we have a blind black bear, a monkey, a dog (yes a DOG!) and some goats. My daughter still loves it!

 
At 8:38 AM , Blogger Family Adventure said...

Great pictures! Especially THAT one :)

Heidi

 
At 12:43 PM , Blogger Burgh Baby said...

The first picture made me hungry, the one of Gage kissing the pig made me smile, the one of the animals doing *you know* made me laugh, and every one of them made me jealous that our weather still sucks.

 
At 2:42 PM , Blogger Maria said...

Good answer. DANCING! It reminded me of one day when I walked in on my parents when I was about five. I was sternly told to go back to bed. The next day, I asked my mom what she and my Da were doing and she said they were having "a little wrestling match."

Okay.

 
At 6:54 PM , Blogger Pregnantly Plump said...

Sounds like a great, and very busy week! Glad you guys had such a nice day at the zoo!

 
At 8:53 AM , Blogger Mighty Morphin' Mama said...

Looks like a pretty great day! Love the photos.
Spring is a dangerous time to visit the zoo, isn't it? Too funny!

 
At 9:52 AM , Blogger Heidi said...

Looks like they are having fun DANCING!
I wish we had an outdoor skate park around here. We have no where we can go roller skating or skateboarding.

 
At 8:46 AM , Blogger Barrie said...

Sounds very busy. And fun.

And what an interesting it's-spring-honey photo!

 
At 9:23 AM , Blogger Mandy said...

Shorts in March... I'm green with envy right now!

Happy St. Patrick's day!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home