Life Is Just So Daily

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Pics from the past few days....

Gage came to visit Daddy in the hospital...



He was pretty intimidated at first, but in the end...he was very glad to see Daddy! He even tried to take his temperature.



And of course, there was some nose-picking with Darnin'.


As a side note...have I ever told the story of why he calls her "Darnin'"???? Well....everytime we would part ways with her after a visit, she would stand outside of the car & blow kisses. She would say, "Bye, Darling!" One night, Gage & I were rocking, and we were practicing blowing kisses. He started saying, "Bye, Darnin'." He associated my mom with "darling" & blowing kisses. He's called her "Darnin" ever since. It's so cute!

Like I said...my mom stayed with us for a few days to help with Gage, and give my mother in law a break & a chance to visit with Hubby....AAAAND....she helped me clean house, and put the Christmas stuff back up in the attic (it has been boxed up & sitting in various locations around the house for a while now, but Hubby hasn't felt well enough to help me load it up in the attic). Anyway...it was a BIG help!
THANKS DARNIN!





...Now, take a moment to look in his crib. LOOK AT HOW MUCH STUFF IS IN THERE. He insists on it. And, if you remove one item when he's nowhere around, you can bet that come bedtime, he will notice that it is missing. So, parents of kiddos younger than mine---BEWARE. Set limits now on what they can & cannot take into the crib. Because now, he INSISTS on sleeping with AAAAALLLLLLL of those things!

Labels:

23 Comments:

At 3:12 PM , Blogger Beth said...

I love the expression on your husband's face as he looks at Gage.
Beautiful pictures.

 
At 4:15 PM , Blogger jennwa said...

Mom's are great, what would we do without them.
I love the Darrin', that is so cute.

 
At 4:21 PM , Blogger ~melinda~ said...

how fabulous is your nursery...? i have seen pics before but it is really fly!

darnin is awesome. my mother tried to make my kids call her GG, for gorgeous grandmother. i told her nuh-uh-no-way-forget-it but now she makes them call her gramsie. darnin is WAY WAY better.

 
At 4:35 PM , Blogger Kate said...

Yay, Darnin! How cute is that? =)

It is so wonderful to see pics of both of your boys smiling. I know Gage did so much for your hubby.

 
At 5:08 PM , Blogger Judy said...

My mom has brainwashed all the kids into calling her Queen. Try going through Dillard's with a 3 year old yelling, "QWWWEEEEEEEEN!!!!" Slightly on the embarrassing side.

And, you are so on the money about the stuff in the bed thing - how Tyler even sleeps in his bed is a minor miracle each night. We've finally weaned Travis (age 8.5) down to about 5 "friends" in the bed with him.

 
At 5:31 PM , Blogger Chris H said...

Beautiful photos, love the one of Gage and his "Darnin"... so sweet.

 
At 4:47 AM , Blogger Dana said...

Love Gages smile in the first picture. I hope everything gets back to normal for your family soon.

 
At 8:35 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad that Hubs is feeling better.

That is one thing I remembered from Maggie. Limit the toys in the bed. She has stolen ALL of my pillows, one of my topsheets & sleeps with almost every stuffed animal in her room.
Will's crib has a blanket. Thats it.

 
At 8:48 AM , Blogger Christy said...

I am glad Gage warmed up to his daddy while he was in the hospital. When I was in the hospital with Izzy, Porgie didn't want anything to do with me. She wouldn't give me hugs or kisses or anything. It was sad.

 
At 9:29 AM , Blogger Love said...

great pics and stories!

and how great are moms?! i never think i want the help...then am SO grateful for it.

lol @ gage's crib!! he is something else...love him! ellie's crib is empty...i never knew i'd started such a great habit! =)

 
At 10:31 AM , Blogger Just Jiff said...

I love the pics of Gage and your hubby together. So sweet.

And the Darnin is precious.

Kids are so darn cute!

 
At 11:17 AM , Blogger Burgh Baby said...

Darnin is awesome! You definitely should keep her around.

I love Gage's room, by the way. Stripes rock.

I hope your husband is feeling better and better every day.

 
At 2:08 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

that is so sweet!

I hope hubby heals quickly!

 
At 4:50 PM , Blogger Mighty Morphin' Mama said...

You guys have been in myy thoughts and prayers. I can't imagine how difficult this all is.
Beautiful photos of your lovely family.

 
At 7:52 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Been out of town and just catching up. Glad to hear you are home and hope all is smoothing out.

 
At 7:53 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Just got back from vacation and catching up. Glad to hear you are home and hope all is smoothing out. I know you must have missed Gage terribly.

 
At 8:32 PM , Blogger A. Nonny Mouse said...

Three.

That's how many "friends" Emily is allowed to take to bed with her. And since one is always Oscar, it's really two.

Also - so glad that things are smoothing out for you. And also that your mom (and Damon's) are nearby to help you guys.

 
At 2:59 AM , Blogger Family Adventure said...

Great pictures...smiles all around. I hope the good news continue...I am thinking about you.

Heidi

 
At 1:00 PM , Blogger Awesome Mom said...

Very cute pictures! WE are pretty strict about what the kids can take to bed. They used to take cars to bed but the noise of them driving them on the walls in the dark drove me nuts, so now we stick with two to three stuffed animals each.

 
At 7:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are home...love the pictures and his nickname for your mom...sooo cute!

 
At 11:21 PM , Blogger Ann(ie) said...

What precious pictures! All around!

 
At 8:38 AM , Blogger Elaine said...

very sweet pictures. i feel so bad that you guys are going through this. is there anything i can do to help? i know i live far away, but anything?

 
At 4:32 PM , Blogger Jen said...

Dude your rocking chair looks FREAKING AWESOME! I insisted on getting my expen$ive a$$ rocking chair and I NEVER USE IT. Maybe later?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home