Life Is Just So Daily

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Today....

Today, we were back at the hospital for Hubby to have some more tests. Today's goal: MRIs to rule out cysts or tumors in his spine.

So, picture this: he's getting ready for the MRI & some young thing is starting an IV on him.

Hubby: "You're not going to put air in my vein are you?"
Gal: [looking at Hubby like, "Gosh, I hope not!"] "No."
Hubby: "Well, how much air would it take to kill somebody?"
Gal: [looking at Hubby like, "WTF?"] "About 5 cc."
Hubby: "How big is that syringe?"

That girl thought he was so wacked out & weird. Goodness! He wasn't asking her to kill him! ....he was just morbidly curious....& afraid that she was...underqualified!

....Good times.
At least we had our laugh for the day...


What else was good & funny today?
Gage told me that he was "busy" & had "chores to do." He promptly pulled a chair up to the sink & began "washing" the dishes. After that, it dawned on him: WATER! So, he ran & got his Fireman hat from his 1st birthday party. Lately, he's been pointing out that his ride-on firetruck does NOT have a hose & does NOT have any water. So, when he was doing the dishes, he found the water, and just had to get his hat & pretend to put out fires in the sink. I was cooking & we had the radio going....good times. I snapped a few pics & will upload them soon.

:)

Labels:

9 Comments:

At 9:30 PM , Blogger Chris H said...

I say get the boy his own real firetruck! lol Hope the test on hubby come back all negative! Have a great weekend.

 
At 6:52 AM , Blogger misguidedmommy said...

you know, i asked the nurse that very same thing when i was in the hospital for the pregnancy bleeding. she also looked at me like i was nutso!

 
At 7:41 AM , Blogger Jenster said...

I hope they figure this stuff out soon!

There's not much worse than a humorless nurse. Except maybe a humorless nurse who is inexperienced! I'm glad you guys got a chuckle out of it, though.

Gage is so cute! I'm looking forward to the pictures.

 
At 7:55 AM , Blogger Chastity said...

I hope they rule those things out with the MRI!

 
At 8:20 AM , Blogger zirelda said...

Oh how fun. I remember once when I got a wild hair and sprayed Rach with the sink sprayer. That started a huge water fight in the kitchen.

Definitely good times.

 
At 8:25 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should have had her practice on an orange! =)

Hope results are good for Hubby!

Can't wait to see the pictures of Gage! How cute is he! Let him have the weekend off from chores...'mmmm Kay! ;)

 
At 2:13 PM , Blogger Angel said...

how cute is he??!!!! I miss that little boy stuff...

good luck and prayers for hubs

 
At 2:35 PM , Blogger Heidi said...

I just laugh nervously and drop something when someone asks me a question like that. Just to let them know I am incompetent. Just kidding, I really just reassure them, while in my head I just stick my tongue out at them.

 
At 4:04 PM , Blogger kimmy said...

Glad to hear that you and husband still have a sense of humor. Sometimes laughter is the best medicine. Have a good weekend!

Kimmy

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home